Page 542 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 424424925325405415425435445525926421042 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Do you actually think Matt Larsen would have the ambition to pick up the phone and call the MWC? In fact, he wouldn't have the ambition to even answer the phone if they called him. It's intriguing, but don't get your hopes up.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...-to-ndsus-ears
    no shit..... its so sad. there should be a full solicition going on as we speak
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

"Moonshot" my ass. If NDSU wants it, go out and get it.

DB didn’t want it. It’s all on Cook now.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So you fell for the troll trying to stir the pot again.
    What troll job? Some of us actually want to go FBS.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Dean was afraid of the SBOHE/Bismarck the last few years and knew he was retiring... (which I personally asked him... "why not leave a legacy and put NDSU in the FBS?" he basically said the bucket of crap story to me.

Cook needs to kick this door open and come in guns a blazin'... because if he is MilqueToast the SBOHE will run him too.

What troll job? Some of us actually want to go FBS.
    I get your desires, but I can't wrap my arms around your methods. McFooley is Satan when it comes to Wentz, but John the Baptist when it come to an FBS move. You can't have it both ways. Either you are a disciple of the man or you aren't. As an old cowboy from Bowman once told me, "You can't kiss both ends of a horse at the same time."
    Damn, I'm Good!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Dean was afraid of the SBOHE/Bismarck the last few years and knew he was retiring... (which I personally asked him... "why not leave a legacy and put NDSU in the FBS?" he basically said the bucket of crap story to me.

Cook needs to kick this door open and come in guns a blazin'... because if he is MilqueToast the SBOHE will run him too.
    I’m afraid that You’re just setting yourself up for disappointment.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Here lakes, let me translate since I know you don’t speak "sarcastic left-wing intellectual". By virtue of my own life’s path, I happen to be multi-lingual.

Most POTUs are placeholders. Their prime directive is "don’t fuck it up". People like Chapman are few and far between, the exception rather than the rule, and they usually cause the end of their own careers by pushing the envelope, especially in a place like ND where the envelope is easily pushed. They are driven by passion and competitiveness, not caution or status quo.

What matters most to DB is that you – the alums – love him dearly. Taking NDSU to FBS is chock full of risk. Damn scary risk, at that. Risk that he wasn’t willing to take for fear of losing your love, especially the love of the FCS lifers. Hence, he adopted the "wait for the split" line and it served him well. I suspect Cook will do the same thing, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he sees the light.

But why wouldn’t he be complacent? NDSU FB is doing absolutely spectacularly for what it is. If you ran the numbers in your head as an incoming POTU, you would likely come to the same conclusion – play the "wait for the split" line and keep riding the FCS gravy train. Avoid the risk. Let the next guy deal with it. This approach works great because it only becomes an issue after the fact, when it’s too late, when the landscape has changed irreversibly and FCS doesn’t look the same. And odds are good you’ll have moved on by then.

When the shit went down, Aresco basically said "all interested schools apply to the AAC". That’s how it works in FBS. A good invite will never fall in your lap. You have to ask for it. Hell, you have to lobby for it, go out and get the one you want. It’s obvious at this point that NDSU didn’t do that, because there’s no way you could hide that fact in ND.

So, stop blaming ML, since it’s not his job, and accept the reality of the situation. That way if it ever happens, it will be a joyous surprise. You don’t have any control over it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis was a Bison View Post
    I get your desires, but I can't wrap my arms around your methods. McFooley is Satan when it comes to Wentz, but John the Baptist when it come to an FBS move. You can't have it both ways. Either you are a disciple of the man or you aren't. As an old cowboy from Bowman once told me, "You can't kiss both ends of a horse at the same time."
    Well I'm a diehard Democrat and a devout Baptist. So I guess I can have it both ways?

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Well I'm a diehard Democrat and a devout Baptist. So I guess I can have it both ways?
    Life sucks when you’re conflicted….
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis was a Bison View Post
    Mcfooly saw all the attention i got pimping FBS last few years so he been using my takes and latching on so he can act like he's the one that pushed this.... when I was doing this in 2012!