Page 53 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455631031535531053 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You are only adding approx 40.00 to youre season tickets. Or 6.66666666 a game. Still cheap as high profile tickets go for. It would add what 3/4 of a million in revenue. Still a very long way to what is needed.

And yes there were many many seats empty through the whole dome.
    You are talking about the 30% increase right? I agree thats not gonna hit many too hard...but I was referring mostly to the following statement, that I quoted from El Chapo, that we could get even "more than 30% when grandpa's sitting in row 3 40 yard line pay $200 for 6 game tickets into $1200 for 6 games".

But, I am not so sure these figures even make sense...i.e. how many people are paying this amount for those kind of seats. Anyway, that is a 600% increase for an example like that...
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

About the "old farts" comment: You know what NDSU will not want to do when I am even older and/or perhaps on the verge of shuffling of my mortal coil so that my will gets read? Piss me off, that's what.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    You know what NDSU will not want to do when I am even older and/or perhaps on the verge of shuffling of my mortal coil so that my will gets executed? Piss me off, that's what.
    Exactly...
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post
    You are talking about the 30% increase right? I agree thats not gonna hit many too hard...but I was referring to the following statement, that I quoted from El Chapo, that we could get even "more than 30% when grandpa's sitting in row 3 40 yard line pay $200 for 6 game tickets into $1200 for 6 games".

But, I am not so sure these figures even make sense...i.e. how many people are paying this amount for those kind of seats. Anyway, that is a 600% increase for an example like that...
    Those figure of his like most of the figures he throws out are just abject lies, invalid, nonsensical etc etc etc. Nobody is paying that for those types of seats.

Remember---he isnt a TM. He got kicked out. He has an axe to grind. Nothing they do will ever be right. Ever.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    You know what NDSU will not want to do when I am even older and/or perhaps on the verge of shuffling of my mortal coil so that my will gets executed? Piss me off, that's what.
    We have a winner!!!
    I think the people with all the big ideas should to pony up. But be careful what you wish for.
    Wanna raise ticket prices? You might price yourself out of the building.
    In my experience 'high rollers' don't draw attention to themselves.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Those figure of his like most of the figures he throws out are just abject lies, invalid, nonsensical etc etc etc. Nobody is paying that for those types of seats.

Remember---he isnt a TM. He got kicked out. He has an axe to grind. Nothing they do will ever be right. Ever.

Last year 90% of those tickets were sold for less than the advertised price, not 1/6 of the advertised price, but they're discounted perhaps as much as 50%.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Not from what I was told.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Not from what I was told.
    Well the $2.87 million of membership dues they reported on their last publicly available 990 in 2012 isn't anywhere close to the $6.3 million they'd collect if everyone were paying full freight for their seats, and a reliable source on this board indicated that for 2013 only 88 of the 1,150 seats in those sections were actually paying the scholarship level amount.

http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990...201212_990.pdf
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 10-22-2014 at 05:54 PM.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Well the $2.87 million of membership dues they reported on their last publicly available 990 in 2012 isn't anywhere close to the $6.3 million they'd collect if everyone were paying full freight for their seats, and a reliable source on this board indicated that for 2013 only 88 of the 1,000+ seats in those sections were actually paying the scholarship level amount.

http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990...201212_990.pdf
    There are also I think in kind trades like coaches cars , merchandise, etc etc are in play here as well. But even with that it doesnt make up the difference. I will have to re-verify my information.

There are also I think in kind trades like coaches cars , merchandise, etc etc are in play here as well. But even with that it doesnt make up the difference. I will have to re-verify my information.
    Unless it's changed radically in the very recent past, you're correct, that's not making up the difference. They reported non-cash revenue of less than $33,000 in 2012.