Page 527 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 274274775175255265275285295375776271027 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

If he turned down the new CUSA that's smart. If he turns down MAC, MWC or higher...not so much.

CUSA will generate zero additional interest to the football program.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Is it smart to lie about it to the Forum?
    I guess I don't care either way.

Is there a direct quote from a CUSA big dog stating they offered? I'm outta the loop on that. Otherwise it's a he said she said. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I guess I don't care either way.

Is there a direct quote from a CUSA big dog stating they offered? I'm outta the loop on that. Otherwise it's a he said she said. Whatever.
    Well, Matt Brown could be wrong. It is entirely possible that ML was completely truthful. But I think Chapo is right that it is worth some follow-up questions. Especially in light of the DR deal. This seems to be an athletics dept that likes to shut the average fan and the public out.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Is it smart to lie about it to the Forum?
    They just might consider that statement libelous there sport. Good thing for you that you’re anonymous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The thing that I find most interesting in this entire thread is that some people here ACTUALLY BELIEVE that they are important enough to be in the know on what has been discussed off of the record. They ACTUALLY BELIEVE that since they have not heard that people have had discussions, that no discussions have been had. That is incredibly remarkable to me, particularly given how those same people behave when they DO get any information on another topic. These are the people that bitch, bitch, bitch and find fault in absolutely anything.

The way that you all behave ensures that you and the rest of us will remain in the dark until a grand reveal ultimately happens.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    The thing that I find most interesting in this entire thread is that some people here ACTUALLY BELIEVE that they are important enough to be in the know on what has been discussed off of the record. They ACTUALLY BELIEVE that since they have not heard that people have had discussions, that no discussions have been had. That is incredibly remarkable to me, particularly given how those same people behave when they DO get any information on another topic. These are the people that bitch, bitch, bitch and find fault in absolutely anything.

The way that you all behave ensures that you and the rest of us will remain in the dark until a grand reveal ultimately happens.
    I honestly cannot understand why you guys are content hearing NOTHING from the administration about FBS for years and years, both during times of realignment musical chairs and during lulls. I guess some of us are mentally invested in wanting the team and our athletics program to move forward, so our frustration at an absolute blackout of information/plans/vision comes out.

I certainly don't see myself as important at all. I have two season tickets to basketball. That's it. So, NDSU doesn't need me. But they need several thousand of me. The several thousands of me, and of you, and everyone else on the board, do matter. At least, that's my belief. It clearly isn't yours or the university's position.

I'm not your "sport", dickhead. And it isn't libel. There's a public story from a national media source that NDSU was contacted. ML says we weren't. As I said in a previous post, ML may have been entirely truthful in saying NDSU wasn't contacted. But given that there is a conflict in these two accounts of what was said, it should be investigated. As a fan and consumer of NDSU athletics, I'd like to know which is true. ML can speak to the discrepancy anytime he wants. The next time he calls you on Mother's Day, why don't you encourage him to be more forthcoming with the public. He can tell us what has been done on the FBS front, if anything, and what he plans to do. That would be nice.
    Not sure what your intent is with a personal insult but if you are looking to remove any sympathy for your opinion then carry on. You are on the right track.

Not sure what credible “national media source” you reference. Thought it was some Tweeter… person. If it’s a Sports Illustrated, ABC, NBC. The Athletic etc. then please advise.

Also, maybe see if you can manage to converse sans the sophomoric insults. Sound good Sport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

I honestly cannot understand why you guys are content hearing NOTHING from the administration about FBS for years and years, both during times of realignment musical chairs and during lulls. I guess some of us are mentally invested in wanting the team and our athletics program to move forward, so our frustration at an absolute blackout of information/plans/vision comes out.

I certainly don't see myself as important at all. I have two season tickets to basketball. That's it. So, NDSU doesn't need me. But they need several thousand of me. The several thousands of me, and of you, and everyone else on the board, do matter. At least, that's my belief. It clearly isn't yours or the university's position.
    Who said I was "content" not hearing anything? I just don't think it should be their priority to keep me or the public informed about things for which they don't control the entire equation. This is a very normal behavior for public endeavors. It really isn't that hard to understand.

Once they let ANY information out, they are completely responsible for managing that entire narrative from that point forward. There's nothing at all for them to gain by providing only partial information.

On the other hand, I would bet that there are a few big donors that know a bunch more than the lot of us and there are reasons for that. One of those reasons is that a big donor probably knows how to keep their opinions private and not be shooting venom on the internet...not making the department's job more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Who said I was "content" not hearing anything? I just don't think it should be their priority to keep me or the public informed about things for which they don't control the entire equation. This is a very normal behavior for public endeavors. It really isn't that hard to understand.

Once they let ANY information out, they are completely responsible for managing that entire narrative from that point forward. There's nothing at all for them to gain by providing only partial information.

On the other hand, I would bet that there are a few big donors that know a bunch more than the lot of us and there are reasons for that. One of those reasons is that a big donor probably knows how to keep their opinions private and not be shooting venom on the internet...not making the department's job more difficult.
    Alright. That's fine. I don't think my questions or even complaints have been venomous. But whatever. I'm done. You guys win.

Alright. That's fine. I don't think my questions or even complaints have been venomous. But whatever. I'm done. You guys win.
    Holy shit. Did I just win the internet? Holy fucknuggets, I think I did! So exciting!

#blessed