Page 519 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 194194695095175185195205215295696191019 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

That was an interesting listen..I skipped over a lot of the first part but I did listen to the MW stuff..He did not answer the question about whether there has been discussion with the MW..I think his suggestion that if 2 schools leave the MW would look to add naming 4 possible schools..NSU,SDSU,MSU and Montana. Maybe, but I think it is far more likely they would not add at all..If Boise goes along with San Diego State, the new contract will pay less..I can not see any way they would add 4 schools to be paid out of a lower revenue stream..

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    That was an interesting listen..I skipped over a lot of the first part but I did listen to the MW stuff..He did not answer the question about whether there has been discussion with the MW..I think his suggestion that if 2 schools leave the MW would look to add naming 4 possible schools..NSU,SDSU,MSU and Montana. Maybe, but I think it is far more likely they would not add at all..If Boise goes along with San Diego State, the new contract will pay less..I can not see any way they would add 4 schools to be paid out of a lower revenue stream..
    I'm really not sure why anyone talks about SDSU. They are NOT going anywhere. I also don't believe the Montanas have a big desire to move up.

It's NDSU and only NDSU and that the biggest part of the problem.

Any talking head that mentions SDSU and going FBS in the same breath knows nothing about the landscape of college football imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure the MW tv contract pays out about the same as the NDSU one.

What that means for NDSU and Learfield, and MW and them sharing NCAA tourney money I have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I'm really not sure why anyone talks about SDSU. They are NOT going anywhere. I also don't believe the Montanas have a big desire to move up.

It's NDSU and only NDSU and that the biggest part of the problem.

Any talking head that mentions SDSU and going FBS in the same breath knows nothing about the landscape of college football imo.

Yeah SDSU somehow finds it in their best interest to tell people they have no hope. Wild.

FBS taxes must be a huge pain in the ass or something.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Pretty sure the MW tv contract pays out about the same as the NDSU one.

What that means for NDSU and Learfield, and MW and them sharing NCAA tourney money I have no idea.
    I think most would be surprised at how much NDSU pulls in for TV money on their own compared to some of these lower FBS conferences. To say with certainty that adding NDSU won't help a leagues tv deal is a bit short sighted imo.

I have no idea what you make but the MW tv deals pay 4 million per school with Boise getting a bit more..The AAC gets more but their members have to pick up the cost of broadcasting all their games..

We get some national games on CBS and Fox but most broadcasts are on FS1 and CBSSN..Members also have 3rd tier rights and can broadcast games CBS and FOX don't pick up. There is also streaming through the MW.

We have no connection to ESPN unless MW schools play in ESPN sponsored bowls..

It is hard to say what the landscape will be like in 2026 but both the MW and the networks appear to be quite happy with each other and I would guess that the partnership will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I have no idea what you make but the MW tv deals pay 4 million per school with Boise getting a bit more..The AAC gets more but their members have to pick up the cost of broadcasting all their games..

We get some national games on CBS and Fox but most broadcasts are on FS1 and CBSSN..Members also have 3rd tier rights and can broadcast games CBS and FOX don't pick up. There is also streaming through the MW.

We have no connection to ESPN unless MW schools play in ESPN sponsored bowls..

It is hard to say what the landscape will be like in 2026 but both the MW and the networks appear to be quite happy with each other and I would guess that the partnership will continue.
    This year started with $1.8 million on a 10 year $21.9m contract with a "small" market abc station that broadcast across the entire state ABC network essentially. This includes some bball games as well which I think only broadcast in the eastern side of state.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

This was pretty interesting to listen to. It seems to me like there is a real chance MW could happen. One interesting comment was, "if the MW wanted some of the TX FBS schools, they would have already grabbed them". Over time, NDSU could be somewhat Boise-like, in terms of a national interest.

I'll set the chance at 30-40% this happens eventually.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Plus MWC gets Big Dance money. something like $12-16 million a year with their win credits?

winning the summit gets you $0. (automatic qualifiers don't get revenue) do play in game wins get 1 unit?

NDSU 2015 win dropped off last year
    ORU 1 win last year will.bring in $337k annually for next 6 years

Full sports in Mountain West would catapult ALL of our sports
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Plus MWC gets Big Dance money. something like $12-16 million a year with their win credits?

winning the summit gets you $0. (automatic qualifiers don't get revenue) do play in game wins get 1 unit?

NDSU 2015 win dropped off last year
    ORU 1 win last year will.bring in $337k annually for next 6 years

Full sports in Mountain West would catapult ALL of our sports
    You get a credit for every game you play in. Even auto qualifiers.

ORU won two games last year.

NDSU got an additional credit for the "First round" win.

But yes MW gets a lot more money and going MW would mean more to our non-football sports than it would for football. And it would mean a lot for football
    *one day later*