Page 51 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Unless NDSU became an elite school academically we aren't going B1G. I'll just assume you were joking... My sarcasm detector is broke at the moment.
    I still don't know how the heck Nebraska got in. The only non-AAU member of the B1G.

Strongman good points indeed,

This is MY OPINION :
    David Crum Runs the Ram Club at Colorado State. http://csuramclub.colostate.edu/about/
    David Crum wanted to run Teammakers here as well & push for FBS conference while increasing donations 10 fold.
    Sadly I'm afraid that's why he didn't get the job.
    I have talked about this with a couple ndsu connections, but this is MY OPINION so flame away.

Strongman, we need the NDSU Admin to pursue FBS and we need them to actively approach FBS conferences that's the major issue right now, Dam right NDSU is good enough and brings a lot to the table for a Football Only invite to 1 of the G5's
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I still don't know how the heck Nebraska got in. The only non-AAU member of the B1G.
    They were stripped of AAU status around the time they were entering the conference. I believe they were still AAU when they accepted the invite. Too lazy to do the research on the exact timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    NDSU has been in a football-only-conference since joining DI. Nobody is advocating leaving the Summit League right away. Before we join a Big Five Conference in 20 to 30 years, we first need to join a lower level FBS conference. Anybody who thinks the QUAD time national champion cannot find a home in one of the 4 lower level conferences, especially when all conferences are looking to expand, is an idiot.

After we have success dominating that conference and have a new 30,000 + seat stadium, then we try to join the MWC--the top non Big Five Conference. At this time, NDSU can probably join as a full fledged member--not just football only. After sustained success in the MWC, then we can realistically look at joining the Big 12 or even the Big 10 (which at this time will probably have 20 to 24 teams.)

Questions?
    Wow...you gonna share whatever you got there?

On the note of the football only conference. We have always played in a conference where FB and all other sports shared common opponents even though it was through different conferences. If the jump to the belt were for FB only...there would be none.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Bison are already tops of the Summit League in baseball, softball, track & field, men's basketball...
    OK..... Not sure that means anything...
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

NDSU has been in a football-only-conference since joining DI. Nobody is advocating leaving the Summit League right away. Before we join a Big Five Conference in 20 to 30 years, we first need to join a lower level FBS conference. Anybody who thinks the QUAD time national champion cannot find a home in one of the 4 lower level conferences, especially when all conferences are looking to expand, is an idiot.

After we have success dominating that conference and have a new 30,000 + seat stadium, then we try to join the MWC--the top non Big Five Conference. At this time, NDSU can probably join as a full fledged member--not just football only. After sustained success in the MWC, then we can realistically look at joining the Big 12 or even the Big 10 (which at this time will probably have 20 to 24 teams.)

Questions?
    Now thats some serious trolling. Its almost like Gabe wrote that but its not about the FargoDome.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Questions?
    I wish you would quit calling us the QUAD time national champions until we actually do it. I am still enjoying being 3 time NC!

Well strongman. No one can disagree with our last 2 posts we must be onto something! !
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Well strongman. No one can disagree with our last 2 posts we must be onto something! !
    Pretty sure both of you are on ignore by several if not all. /purple??

And where do you propose we get all the $$ necessary to do this? Not only will we need to raise money for theadditional FB scholarships, we would have to offer an equivalent number of scholarships for a female sport due to Title IX. I think all our women's sports are already fully funded so what sport do you propose we add? Add on start up costs for that sport, facilities, coaching salaries, travel.....and that is not even addressing the cost of a stadium.

And no, a big fundraising thermometer in front of the SHAC is not gonna cut it.