Page 507 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 74074574975055065075085095175576071007 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    Closest opponent in CUSA is what, Middle Tennessee? 70% of schools in Texas and Louisiana, and Florida? Hard pass.

I'm not opposed to moving FBS, but to move and join this conference sounds flat out silly.

I've been holding out hope these past few years that the G5 would somehow break off from the P5 to create their own championship, but doesn't sound like that will be happening anytime soon. Until then, I don't really see a point in entering FBS if all were going to be playing for is the "Charmin Ultra Bowl."
    I bet you say that to all the cute customers at your bank.
    Last edited by NDSU1980; 01-31-2022 at 10:12 PM. Reason: spelling

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

I'm not saying CUSA is the best ever
    but if it's a football affiliate and we fly to 5 away games every year in exchange for 5 FBS home games and 2 POWER 5 out of conference games with $2
    million payouts in Big 10/Big 12. they HELL YA I'm all for it.

Mountain West ALL sports is the goal (or Big 12 )
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That schedule is a pipe dream. Must be awesome to just make random shit up that'll never happen and hope it sticks.

Hell yeah Big10 champs, Rose bowl, I'm all for it!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Status Quo Forever !!!!!

67 national titles in 70 years.
    11am on a soccer field in cold dallas.
    every bar knows who we are.
    blah blah blah.

Frisco this year was 60% ndsu snowbirds, I saw maybe 1000 fans under 30. not even kidding.
    Considering you were drunk for 3 days straight thats not surprising. But youve always been pretty bad when it comes to math.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I'm not saying CUSA is the best ever
    but if it's a football affiliate and we fly to 5 away games every year in exchange for 5 FBS home games and 2 POWER 5 out of conference games with $2
    million payouts in Big 10/Big 12. they HELL YA I'm all for it.

Mountain West ALL sports is the goal (or Big 12 )
    We are only flying 5 times in a 12 game schedule that has 2 P5 OOC road games?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    OK "BRO." Couldn't be more excited for that epic Liberty rivalry followed by a season ending trip to the river walk in San Antonio for the abracadabra bowl on 12/23 I'm sure.
    Here’s the difference bro: my solution is temporary just like the great west sucked but was a stepping stone.

We made the most out of that and got into a great position to dominate.

Where would we be had we waited for the big sky or gateway to come calling?

Time for us to yolo bro.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

time to do SOMETHING. we are dying a slow death here.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

time to do SOMETHING. we are dying a slow death here.
    Have you tried posting shit on the internet bro? It used to be a place where you could say stuff.

Lardsin must go!

Nothing will happen for a couple months anywhere with respect to any realignment. After that, who knows really ...

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2022/1/10/...ext-steps.aspx

"The (D1) board will also conduct a joint meeting with the (D1) Transformation Committee to provide its perspective to the committee as it begins its work."

That was just last week

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...434_story.html
    Last edited by WhoRepsTheLurker; 02-01-2022 at 03:27 PM.

At risk of repeating myself, an FBS conference doesn't want a football affiliate. Why?

20.02.6 Football Bowl Subdivision Conference. A conference classified as a Football Bowl Subdivision conference shall be comprised of at least eight full Football Bowl Subdivision members that satisfy all bowl subdivision requirements. An institution shall be included as one of the eight full Football Bowl Subdivision members only if the institution participates in the conference schedule in at least six men's and eight women's conference-sponsored sports, including men's basketball and football and three women's team sports, including women's basketball.
    A football affiliate does not help an FBS Conference maintain that precious FBS Conference status. Eight full is minimum; ten full is better in case the next round of musical conference chairs starts. An affiliate doesn't help that calculus.

Honestly, that "full" membership is why southern teams (SHSU, JMU, JSU) get sniffs and not the northern plains. They are an easy add geographically to already southern conferences: bus trips, not flights, for the Olympic sport teams.