Page 501 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 4014514914995005015025035115516011001 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    NDSU forced the B10 to make a rule to not allow their programs schedule FCS schools for a while. We've been blacklisted from playing B10, B12, and soon the PAC12. That doesn't change with us being FBS.
    The reason why we've had trouble scheduling games is the combination of the FBS team's likely loss, its payout, and the fact that it's a lower level team that screws with their strength of schedule. Once we're not a lower level team, the door mostly opens to most of the FBS schools for scheduling.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    The reason why we've had trouble scheduling games is the combination of the FBS team's likely loss, its payout, and the fact that it's a lower level team that screws with their strength of schedule. Once we're not a lower level team, the door mostly opens to most of the FBS schools for scheduling.
    O'B is on board with FBS! woo hoo
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    O'B is on board with FBS! woo hoo
    I've been on board for quite a long time. I just don't think the crazy talk helps anything.
    Insert something clever here...

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Does the NCAA even allow a move up to FBS as an independent? I see it listed on different sites, but haven't found it at ncaa.org. Was the exception granted to Liberty a one-off to avoid a religious discrimination lawsuit?

At worst case, we could play UMass and NMSU twice a year with a home and home.
    They don't really allow it, but I don't remember a time recently that they've stuck to their guns on any rules.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Yeah a lot of the "oh they are scared of us!" stuff is true and also false at the same time.

Most above average P5 schools are not afraid of playing NDSU. But the point of scheduling FCS teams is to get a glorified scrimmage. So why on earth schedule NDSU?

FBS NDSU would absolutely get games against big programs if NDSU wanted (which they would). The problem is getting enough games and home games in particular.
    College of Business Alumnus

Really interesting article from SI.com:

https://www.si.com/college/2022/01/2...sketball-money

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Really interesting article from SI.com:

https://www.si.com/college/2022/01/2...sketball-money
    Yeah I mean we really should’ve seen it coming that amateur college athletics would get ripped apart by greed. Shameful. The people who end up getting their pockets lined the best will be the anti-trust lawyers who will hang all of it up for years in the courts. All the P5 administrators saying it “needs to blow up”, no you need to put a leash on the SEC and everything will go back to normal. FWIW, this is what happens when you let some 60-odd schools make decisions on behalf of a 1,000 member institution. Oligarchy is tyranny.

I’ve kinda gotten to the point that I’m sad that all this non-profit money is being used for such a superficial endeavor. Ohio State spends $170M to help their kids put a ball in a hoop or across a line better than other schools. :/ yes, I understand it comes from fan/boosters, that’s my problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Yeah I mean we really should’ve seen it coming that amateur college athletics would get ripped apart by greed. Shameful. The people who end up getting their pockets lined the best will be the anti-trust lawyers who will hang all of it up for years in the courts. All the P5 administrators saying it “needs to blow up”, no you need to put a leash on the SEC and everything will go back to normal. FWIW, this is what happens when you let some 60-odd schools make decisions on behalf of a 1,000 member institution. Oligarchy is tyranny.

I’ve kinda gotten to the point that I’m sad that all this non-profit money is being used for such a superficial endeavor. Ohio State spends $170M to help their kids put a ball in a hoop or across a line better than other schools. :/ yes, I understand it comes from fan/boosters, that’s my problem.
    My problem is how little of it goes to the players seems like the SEC types are more willing to ‘fix’ that than the others. Domestic soccer in the UK for example is governed by the FA from top to bottom professional and amateur. Inside that the top for divisions, the fully professional bit is the League and they’ve got their own decision making powers etc., and at the top is the Premier League which has more autonomy still. A number of the clubs are sports clubs, plural, they don’t just have soccer. There’s plenty of tensions and fights and political jockeying but mostly it works. That structure isn’t necessarily the structure that we need but there are ways to do this.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

So you have a problem with how OSU boosters spend their money?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

so how does today's ncaa meetings and next week help NDSU to FBS momentum?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?