Page 50 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 404849505152601001505501050 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    Reason number 1 not to go FBS 4 of top 5 are SEC West.
    The SEC West is making this year very exciting. Curious situation they have themselves in.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    People another realignment needs to happen to create an opportunity.

It could happen, the Big 12 is a bit of a ticking time bomb.
    I just don't see NDSU getting into a situation like that. Don't think we'd bring nearly enough to the table.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    The SEC West is making this year very exciting. Curious situation they have themselves in.

I just don't see NDSU getting into a situation like that. Don't think we'd bring nearly enough to the table.
    By that I mean the Big 12 would take from other conferences and would create an opportunity somewhere else for NDSU, not that NDSU would join the Big 12.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Invite will come with SELLING NDSU to them. Financially it can be done easily. There's millions being missed right now.

Sacred Heart University
    Bryant University

That's where we are now. I rest my case.
    Everytime you say this phrase, this is all I picture.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Everytime you say this phrase, this is all I picture.

Chapo has his sources with some big wigs at NDSU.

He's also rubbed elbows with Mark Emmert down in Frisco. There'll be a way. NDSU knows they can't sit idle where they are now. Its hopefully of a "whos coming with us" to the programs worth a shit...so all 3 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post

He's also rubbed elbows with Mark Emmert down in Frisco. There'll be a way. NDSU knows they can't sit idle where they are now. Its hopefully of a "whos coming with us" to the programs worth a shit...so all 3 of them.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post

True Story... and That picture is a good one. except NDSU is the smoking hot chick that everyone is afraid to approach because she is so dam hot.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Bison are already tops of the Summit League in baseball, softball, track & field, men's basketball...

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I am not sure the love affair with the big 12. Not sure the joy of watching all our sports getting their ass kicked.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Bison are already tops of the Summit League in baseball, softball, track & field, men's basketball...
    thank you! that is correct!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

NDSU has been in a football-only-conference since joining DI. Nobody is advocating leaving the Summit League right away. Before we join a Big Five Conference in 20 to 30 years, we first need to join a lower level FBS conference. Anybody who thinks the QUAD time national champion cannot find a home in one of the 4 lower level conferences, especially when all conferences are looking to expand, is an idiot.

After we have success dominating that conference and have a new 30,000 + seat stadium, then we try to join the MWC--the top non Big Five Conference. At this time, NDSU can probably join as a full fledged member--not just football only. After sustained success in the MWC, then we can realistically look at joining the Big 12 or even the Big 10 (which at this time will probably have 20 to 24 teams.)

Questions?

Unless NDSU became an elite school academically we aren't going B1G. I'll just assume you were joking... My sarcasm detector is broke at the moment.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo