Page 5 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3456715551055051005 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    outside of the desire to sell more tickets, why is it a must that we upgrade stadiums in order to do this? the only requirement that i'm aware of is from the NCAA (which we already meet the minimum standards for seats).
    I'm not sure why a bigger stadium is linked so tightly in some minds with going to an FBS conference. Big, half-empty stadiums are not nearly as impressive as a jam-packed FargoDome.

Keep winning and the case for a new stadium builds itself... but it'll have to build for a long time before a tipping point is reached. Just going FBS doesn't guarantee bigger crowds - you gotta go FBS and win 8-12 games a year against interesting home opponents.

Why is 4 titles the litmus? Isn't 3 enough?
    Stadium folks:
    Revamp the ticket prices and funding/donations tied to those 20,000 seats. Make students bleacher seating & add the band seats to public (1000 seats. Add corner seats (2000) & at 23,000 with proper advertising monies the fargodome could be viable.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Stadium folks:
    Revamp the ticket prices and funding/donations tied to those 20,000 seats. Make students bleacher seating & add the band seats to public (1000 seats. Add corner seats (2000) & at 23,000 with proper advertising monies the fargodome could be viable.
    One word: fire code.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

Stadium folks:
    I'm just going keep posting after him....corner seats, really??

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

Stadium folks:

Nobody said it was a litmus test did they? Just a point that I have made to really be on the fbs side, but you must fail to read all the other facts people put out....like funding

Now I notice you want to sell the band's seat...where do they go then? When was the last college FB game you attended that the school band was not in attendance
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'm not sure why a bigger stadium is linked so tightly in some minds with going to an FBS conference. Big, half-empty stadiums are not nearly as impressive as a jam-packed FargoDome.

Keep winning and the case for a new stadium builds itself... but it'll have to build for a long time before a tipping point is reached. Just going FBS doesn't guarantee bigger crowds - you gotta go FBS and win 8-12 games a year against interesting home opponents.
    A new stadium is only required if we were to get an invite to a P5 conference. I have laid out in the past how the Big 12 could make sense but it is hardly realistic unless ESPN wants it that bad. If we are talking about a G5 revamp and bringing in the top half of FCS, I can't see where a new stadium is a #1 priority. I would think there would have to be some time allowed to settle in with new TV money and how that works into the budgeting. There also has to be a realistic projection of what that will mean for attendance. If the new D1 doesn't look that much different than what is going on now, then a stadium becomes about priority number 31.

Td57. Bravo. Yes we'd need a new stadium for P5 but as I laid out, we can squeeze more money out of the dome. Band goes in the bleachers with students. They all stand and squeeze into front 20 rows so all 4000 can make it into the bleachers.

Fire Code still work if you get creative..ndsu is a top engineering/architect school so let's see it!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Td57. Bravo. Yes we'd need a new stadium for P5 but as I laid out, we can squeeze more money out of the dome. Band goes in the bleachers with students. They all stand and squeeze into front 20 rows so all 4000 can make it into the bleachers.

Fire Code still work if you get creative..ndsu is a top engineering/architect school so let's see it!!
    Why don't you just jump on the Gophers, donate money, push to get them competitive? You are a huge Minnesota homer.

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    People who want to wait to see what the P5 do, why cant we make the jump anyways?

If Ndsu continues this success there's going to be a push for fbs from somewhere. I dont know where, but I can see the admin. at least being tempted.
    I guess my reasoning would be that if we jump now, we're stuck with whatever conference we're tied to. If we wait, who knows what doors will open up. Now granted I understand all of the conference re-alignment that's going on, but with a wait and see approach, I feel NDSU controls its destiny a little more.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I guess my reasoning would be that if we jump now, we're stuck with whatever conference we're tied to. If we wait, who knows what doors will open up. Now granted I understand all of the conference re-alignment that's going on, but with a wait and see approach, I feel NDSU controls its destiny a little more.
    Bingo. First of all, I don't think the MWC is much of a step up. More importantly, I have 100% confidence that Boise State will NOT be a member of the MWC when the eventual shakeup happens (they might not be the only one to bolt too). Geography is not our friend.