Page 487 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489497537587987 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 13487

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Have you guys considered the AAC? That seems like a pretty good fit for you. Lot's of CST schools at low elevation..Good weather too..
    We as fans can't really consider anything
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    We as fans can't really consider anything
    And yet so many do in so many threads.

Have you guys considered the AAC? That seems like a pretty good fit for you. Lot's of CST schools at low elevation..Good weather too..
    would love it!! kicking Tulsas ass
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The AAC hasn't considered NDSU either.

How do you know this? I believe that all the mid major conferences do their homework on many potential members..I am thinking your school comes up all the time. I also suspect your school does its homework too..

How do you know this? I believe that all the mid major conferences do their homework on many potential members..I am thinking your school comes up all the time. I also suspect your school does its homework too..
    This has been discussed too many times to count on our board. Because NDSU administration doesn't buy billboards touting conversations with conferences or post audio of any potential conversations with conferences online there are a number of fans who believe without a doubt hat NDSU has NEVER talked to ANYONE related to an FBS conference about moving up.

That is just one of the hundreds of horses that gets beat to death daily here.

hurry the fuck up with FBS.. we are just too good.

ps. Bobcats want to force ndsu to.fbs...I agree with them

https://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/vi...p?f=20&t=50916
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Here's something for the FCS Forever! crowd to chew on. I like the part about the lower FCS schools being worse than the NSIC D2 teams. https://www.yahoo.com/news/zimmer-bi...161657436.html

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The most likely biggest obstacle for a move to FBS is what a conference move does to the financial viability/stability of non-football sports at NDSU. We simply couldn't balance the budget in the MWC, CUSA, the MAC, etc. Additionally, in spite of what some here believe, no FBS conference wants or needs a football only member to join their club.

I am now of the opinion that we need to go independent in football and maintain our Summit alignment for other sports. After today's showing, it MUST be clear to the powers that be at the NCAA that we're just simply in the wrong football division. I would have to think that they would support a move to FBS Independent status for NDSU. Make it a 4 year plan, staying FCS for that time but negotiating a long term arrangement with a host of G5 teams to fill out a somewhat reliable regular schedule once we go. I would have to believe that JMU, Sam Houston, Appy, Liberty, CCU, Wofford, Georgia Southern, Colorado State, Boise State, Wyoming, San Diego State, and a few of the MAC schools would be amenable to some home-home agreements with a lean on getting them regularly. Then fill it out with 2 P5 away games and an FCS home game. Lots of hard work on scheduling but it would likely pay off to stimulate new interest in a new outdoor stadium to kinda round out the deal.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Here's something for the FCS Forever! crowd to chew on. I like the part about the lower FCS schools being worse than the NSIC D2 teams. https://www.yahoo.com/news/zimmer-bi...161657436.html
    Ok, now do the bottom of the FBS against the FCS.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie