Page 485 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487495535585985 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Cool story bro alert:

Funny story about the beer song, I met a coworker at a company kool-aid event a couple years ago, she was in the band at Iowa when we beat them. We're at a bar afterwards and we're talking about where everyone went to college in our group of 10 or so. It gets to me, I say NDSU.

Her eyes flash the fire of hell and she proceeds to interject for a few minutes on a long rant about how NDSU is a joke, we STOLE the game, and then afterwards we played *their* victory song (In Heaven There Is No Beer) to troll them. Everyone else is from Texas, went to school at A&M or UT, have pretty much no idea what the hell she's on about lol. Biggest smile on my face the entire time. I wasn't there for the Montana fan protoplasm episode but I would say it was probably at least half as epic.

I apologized, told her that I didn't think we stole it, but I guess you could say we ran away with it with a wink. Thanked her school for inventing the song that we've been practicing for 30 years just unleash on their unsuspecting band, and told her if she's so upset she should take it up with her AD to see if he's man enough to schedule a rematch. I was sure he would understand, not like he would've come from some joke of a school after all.

Pretty much ended with her exclaiming how much she hates NDSU. Saltiest tears I've ever tasted firsthand. Too funny
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...fter-beat-iowa

This article says it all. Love the sub headline "Everything belongs to them now".

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We need to bring back the "Bison once, Bison Twice..." cheer. Don't think that'll fly in today's world though.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Cool story bro alert:

Funny story about the beer song, I met a coworker at a company kool-aid event a couple years ago, she was in the band at Iowa when we beat them. We're at a bar afterwards and we're talking about where everyone went to college in our group of 10 or so. It gets to me, I say NDSU.

Her eyes flash the fire of hell and she proceeds to interject for a few minutes on a long rant about how NDSU is a joke, we STOLE the game, and then afterwards we played *their* victory song (In Heaven There Is No Beer) to troll them. Everyone else is from Texas, went to school at A&M or UT, have pretty much no idea what the hell she's on about lol. Biggest smile on my face the entire time. I wasn't there for the Montana fan protoplasm episode but I would say it was probably at least half as epic.

I apologized, told her that I didn't think we stole it, but I guess you could say we ran away with it with a wink. Thanked her school for inventing the song that we've been practicing for 30 years just unleash on their unsuspecting band, and told her if she's so upset she should take it up with her AD to see if he's man enough to schedule a rematch. I was sure he would understand, not like he would've come from some joke of a school after all.

Pretty much ended with her exclaiming how much she hates NDSU. Saltiest tears I've ever tasted firsthand. Too funny
    Must have been very enjoyable for you. Hopefully she has come to terms with it by now.

To me though this begs the question: how in the world can a place with no beer be called “heaven”?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Must have been very enjoyable for you. Hopefully she has come to terms with it by now.

To me though this begs the question: how in the world can a place with no beer be called “heaven”?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pastafarians they are not.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Email her this.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

My theory: It's a big old wine and whisky bar up there.

JC didn't turn water into beer, after all - and for most people, it'd have been redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    the beer song already has like four verses, how much better can it get?
    At least we get to hear some Christmas songs during halftime at the semifinal games instead of the same songs they play every other week during the season.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

Email her this.
    HOLY CRAP!! that is LEGIT the COOLEST this BAND has EVER been.. major props!! god dam that was a big fucking win.

NDSU should've announced FBS intentions in that fucking press conference.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    HOLY CRAP!! that is LEGIT the COOLEST this BAND has EVER been.. major props!! god dam that was a big fucking win.

Every sports personality and their mother was saying it was time. We just sat on our thumb.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

That vid is awesome. Never seen it before—raw, which is the best.

Like the white jerseys and green pants. Put the Harvest helmets on and do Frisco that way this year!!

Pump it up!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.