Page 484 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486494534584984 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Regardless of who’s in the NY6 Bowl, that’s stills a HUGE ballgame!!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Regardless of who’s in the NY6 Bowl, that’s stills a HUGE ballgame!!
    exactly... only a fcs/d2'er would poo poo it. or any Bowl game for that matter
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I want the Vikings to win the Super Bowl but that ain't happening either. So bring up something realistic when you make an arguement. Doesn't make anyone a "d2er" just means they have some common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Meh I’m a pretty staunch FBSer but I’ll shit on most bowl games. But we aren’t moving up to play in bad bowl games. We’re moving up for the chance at a NYE bowl and hopefully more than that in the not too distant future.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Also, NDSU may get Ag money, but you get Med School money.
    I assume you are talking research dollars where state and local research funds directed towards the medical research were less than $800,000.
    Just a bit less than the $44 million NDSU got for ag related research.

Overall, the last few years, the difference in research money from state sources is in the same neighborhood of the overall difference in research funding between the schools, which is why the incessant whining about funding is an interesting stance to take.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    I assume you are talking research dollars where state and local research funds directed towards the medical research were less than $800,000.
    Just a bit less than the $44 million NDSU got for ag related research.

Overall, the last few years, the difference in research money from state sources is in the same neighborhood of the overall difference in research funding between the schools, which is why the incessant whining about funding is an interesting stance to take.
    Would guess he’s talking about money each institution gets from the state for each student enrolled.

It’s been about 10 years but I think the last time I looked, UND gets like 10x more for each med student than all schools get for regular students. Engineering was like a 4x multiplier or something.

I have no idea where it came from or what it’s called, btw.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Based on a post in the JMU dynasty thread, NDSU will have to improve the marching band if we want to compete in the FBS.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Based on a post in the JMU dynasty thread, NDSU will have to improve the marching band if we want to compete in the FBS.
    the beer song already has like four verses, how much better can it get?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    We could be top 40 in the band sagarin

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    the beer song already has like four verses, how much better can it get?
    Cool story bro alert:

Funny story about the beer song, I met a coworker at a company kool-aid event a couple years ago, she was in the band at Iowa when we beat them. We're at a bar afterwards and we're talking about where everyone went to college in our group of 10 or so. It gets to me, I say NDSU.

Her eyes flash the fire of hell and she proceeds to interject for a few minutes on a long rant about how NDSU is a joke, we STOLE the game, and then afterwards we played *their* victory song (In Heaven There Is No Beer) to troll them. Everyone else is from Texas, went to school at A&M or UT, have pretty much no idea what the hell she's on about lol. Biggest smile on my face the entire time. I wasn't there for the Montana fan protoplasm episode but I would say it was probably at least half as epic.

I apologized, told her that I didn't think we stole it, but I guess you could say we ran away with it with a wink. Thanked her school for inventing the song that we've been practicing for 30 years just unleash on their unsuspecting band, and told her if she's so upset she should take it up with her AD to see if he's man enough to schedule a rematch. I was sure he would understand, not like he would've come from some joke of a school after all.

Pretty much ended with her exclaiming how much she hates NDSU. Saltiest tears I've ever tasted firsthand. Too funny
    *one day later*