Page 476 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486526576976 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I have an opinion that’s probably unpopular and I’ll likely get ridiculed for:

Not being FBS is the biggest thing remaining holding NDSU back from being a major university. We now have the endowment, R1 status, great academics, we need to continue raising the profile so that it’s very clear that we are the premier university west of Minneapolis, north of Lincoln and east of Boise.
    I don’t think it’s radical at all. I don’t know if being FBS would help enrollment (Rob Port certainly doesn’t think so), but it would elevate NDSU’s brand/image nationally.

Which might be the issue for some folks? A lot of loud people (some "Bison fans" included) just can’t stand the idea of NDSU being so blatantly at the top of the higher ed totem pole in ND. It already is, but the fact that it is isn’t broadcast on national TV every weekend in fall.

To me, insisting that the 4 Dakota schools be forced to stay together stinks of welfare and nanny-state BS. I can only see one reason why anyone would want that …

On the other hand, flying the olys all over the western half of the country just doesn't strike me as sustainable, let alone "green".
    Last edited by WhoRepsTheLurker; 12-22-2021 at 02:41 PM. Reason: typo

who cares about green.

NDSU should want to get away from the crabs in the bucket mentality in nd higher ed pulling us down
    It's high time NDSU gets a President with Brass Balls.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Big 10 had me rolling over. That's a good one.
    NDSU could do better than 1-2 teams in the Big Ten without the extra scholarships in FBS.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    who cares about green.

NDSU should want to get away from the crabs in the bucket mentality in nd higher ed pulling us down
    It's high time NDSU gets a President with Brass Balls.
    I’m curious how you think that happens when the people doing the hiring and firing are the ones you want this brass balled President to turn around and defy.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I’m curious how you think that happens when the people doing the hiring and firing are the ones you want this brass balled President to turn around and defy.
    Ask Kendall Baker how that worked out for him ...

NDSU has a group called "Phase II Budget Reduction Committee". I've seen the emails, as recent as Nov 2021, in the listserv --> "Each of the Phase II Budget Reduction Committees will be holding campus discussions to gather input" is the opening sentence of the email.

And have you all heard about the coming cliff as far as students.

Is a solid NDSU good for the State? Definitely. But understand there are challenges of greater priority that athletics fans don't see that it is working on. (Much the same is true at UND.)

And I still say regarding FBS: "build it".

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Charm/Kiss Ass the ND HIGHER ED BOARD during the interviews and when you get in GLOVES COME OFF.

NDSU has been held back for 10 years now, with the growth of Fargo area and its athletics and Engineering, NDSU should be 20,000 students easily and busting at the seams making FBS conference a slam dunk
    .it's embarrassing what has happened with the Bismarck/pro und people holding NDSU down.

Charm/Kiss Ass the ND HIGHER ED BOARD during the interviews and when you get in GLOVES COME OFF.
    ... and then your contract is not renewed and the university around you gets hit with blowback and collateral damage. Again, see: Baker, Kendall.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    ... and then your contract is not renewed and the university around you gets hit with blowback and collateral damage. Again, see: Baker, Kendall.
    Not necessarily. For most of his tenure, Bresciani had powerful enemies on the board and at the statehouse. But he was successful and popular. That made it difficult to get rid of him. It took a chipping away at his popularity and performance record over a period of years before they could finally give him his walking papers.

The new president should lead and make NDSU head and shoulders above any other Dakota school. That should include a vision for FBS. And then let the chips fall where they may.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

and shut down 3-4 pud lil ND Colleges.

no way ND Bottineau ot Valley City should have a Graphic Wrapped Bus to drive their baseball team to Florida in the spring. start shutting them down

and shut down 3-4 pud lil ND Colleges.

no way ND Bottineau ot Valley City should have a Graphic Wrapped Bus to drive their baseball team to Florida in the spring. start shutting them down
    I look forward to signing your petition to get amending the State constitution on an upcoming ballot.
    That's what it takes to shut down certain schools (namely Mayville, VC, Minot, Dickinson, Bottineau).

See: Article VIII, Section 6.