Page 475 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 375425465473474475476477485525575975 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 13490

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    You are correct. I don't care. I know where NDSU falls in the grand scheme of college athletics. I mean we could be dreaming of the Potato Bowl with one hundred of our friends. WHOA...such a think big mindset.

Or the realistic outcome.
    You really don’t know where NDSU falls in the grand scheme of things. The reality is that we missed the boat in 1978 when we should have went to the FCS then. We eventually made it there and although we were 20 years behind, we made up that ground and have surpassed most of the schools in FCS. Most of our peers are now in the G5. We’ve just convinced ourselves that we’re less than those schools or have some overwhelming disadvantage that they don’t. None of the obstacles/disadvantages are insurmountable.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    You really don’t know where NDSU falls in the grand scheme of things. The reality is that we missed the boat in 1978 when we should have went to the FCS then. We eventually made it there and although we were 20 years behind, we made up that ground and have surpassed most of the schools in FCS. Most of our peers are now in the G5. We’ve just convinced ourselves that we’re less than those schools or have some overwhelming disadvantage that they don’t. None of the obstacles/disadvantages are insurmountable.
    Not buying that.
    Don’t think a lot of people do.
    NDSU’s main problem is the same one problem

Location Location Location

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Not buying that.

There sure are a lot of other arguments that I’ve read on this forum for why we aren’t FBS. Finances, enrollment, academics, stadium,etc. I agree that geography is our biggest obstacle currently. So come up with strategies to overcome it. It isn’t changing.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Not buying that.

Geography was also a major obstacle in the move from D2 to FCS. Leadership worked strategies to overcome it. Strong leaders have vision and are able to sell others on their vision.

There sure are a lot of other arguments that I’ve read on this forum for why we aren’t FBS. Finances, enrollment, academics, stadium,etc. I agree that geography is our biggest obstacle currently. So come up with strategies to overcome it. It isn’t changing.
    I have an opinion that’s probably unpopular and I’ll likely get ridiculed for:

Not being FBS is the biggest thing remaining holding NDSU back from being a major university. We now have the endowment, R1 status, great academics, we need to continue raising the profile so that it’s very clear that we are the premier university west of Minneapolis, north of Lincoln and east of Boise.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I have an opinion that’s probably unpopular and I’ll likely get ridiculed for:

Not being FBS is the biggest thing remaining holding NDSU back from being a major university. We now have the endowment, R1 status, great academics, we need to continue raising the profile so that it’s very clear that we are the premier university west of Minneapolis, north of Lincoln and east of Boise.
    I couldn’t agree more.

Increase global warming and bring the coasts to us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Increase global warming and bring the coasts to us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What if you just had a football team so good that it was worth the trip. Nevermind.

Lardsin must go!

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Take the top 84 in Sagarin, for example, and make 7 divisions: the P5 and G2, and introduce regional relegation.

I would love to see the concept of "relegation" introduced into college football. However, rather than doing it regionally, I would like to see it done within conferences using a two-tier system. Instead of the Big 12 having 10 teams, it could have 16 with annual relegation into a top 8 and bottom 8. Perhaps something radical like that could open the door for NDSU to go FBS. If the top 8 get a bigger revenue split, there would be motivation, even if the pool of conference money got smaller.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    I would love to see the concept of "relegation" introduced into college football. However, rather than doing it regionally, I would like to see it done within conferences using a two-tier system. Instead of the Big 12 having 10 teams, it could have 16 with annual relegation into a top 8 and bottom 8. Perhaps something radical like that could open the door for NDSU to go FBS. If the top 8 get a bigger revenue split, there would be motivation, even if the pool of conference money got smaller.
    Yes, that would be better, certainly. Maybe less likely though. The issue is that P5 schools who are bad at FB (relatively speaking) would lose $$ so they would cry like little babies with sore butts.