Page 472 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522572972 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Absolutely, we have some different perspectives on certain things but in the end we seem pretty realistic with our views and really just want what’s best for the university.

Move the university forward and see what comes.

and maybe make some phone calls to the good conferences
    If you aren’t doing this then you aren’t serious about moving up, that much is certain. We’ll see what the new POTU pushes. NDSU/MSU looking like the best available. No idea why SHU is moving up. Makes no sense. The people who run FBS must be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    If you aren’t doing this then you aren’t serious about moving up, that much is certain. We’ll see what the new POTU pushes. NDSU/MSU looking like the best available. No idea why SHU is moving up. Makes no sense. The people who run FBS must be stupid.
    Sammy is moving up because it provides the rest of the conference the ability to recruit Houston and DFW. It’s geographically right there and Sammy has no chance of leaving them high and dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Sammy is moving up because it provides the rest of the conference the ability to recruit Houston and DFW. It’s geographically right there and Sammy has no chance of leaving them high and dry.
    Overrated

If Houston market mattered Rice would be good at FB. Rice sucks at FB and will forever

Too much other good stuff going on in Houston

Overrated

If Houston market mattered Rice would be good at FB. Rice sucks at FB and will forever

Recruiting bro, not market. Even NDSU comes to DFW and Houston metros for recruits in the past.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Overrated

Sometimes it's about the other good schools wanting to recruit kids in that area. So the other schools(not Rice) can tell a kid they will play in their home city multiple times over their collegiate career.

And the schools like to have other schools in their conference in large metros to recruit kids academically.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Sometimes it's about the other good schools wanting to recruit kids in that area. So the other schools(not Rice) can tell a kid they will play in their home city multiple times over their collegiate career.

And the schools like to have other schools in their conference in large metros to recruit kids academically.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Well in this case it’s exactly the geography the commish wants, so good on them, I guess. I’m skeptical they’ll climb in FBS. Rice will always suck at FB though.

I don't understand your last sentence, FWIW, so maybe I'm stupid too.

Well in this case it’s exactly the geography the commish wants, so good on them, I guess. I’m skeptical they’ll climb in FBS. Rice will always suck at FB though.

I don't understand your last sentence, FWIW, so maybe I'm stupid too.
    It wasn't written very well. I read comments from school presidents in the past when it comes to conferences looking at schools that said they want to have schools in their conference that are in big markets because then their school becomes a known name in that city. So from an academics side they can market to that area and pull more regular students to their school.

And also now in today’s age of recruiting, a lot of the time a coach will play a game, stick around with a coordinator or two and go meet kids in the area. Sammy is ideal for that as well.
    *one day later*

If NDSU can't afford an all sport move to another conference (and I'm not sure they can)...how in the heck can UMKC do it?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    If NDSU can't afford an all sport move to another conference (and I'm not sure they can)...how in the heck can UMKC do it?
    Travel by bus
    *one day later*