Page 465 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467475515565965 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 13496

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    5 years NDSU will be FBS, mark it down
    I don't think so. If we are not in FBS two seasons from now, we will be shut out.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I don't think so. If we are not in FBS two seasons from now, we will be shut out.
    Hopefully it’s a conference that moves the meter but that’s not likely on that amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Hopefully it’s a conference that moves the meter but that’s not likely on that amount of time.
    I can certainly agree with you on that
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

wait. Mr Stoney Brooke tried to blame us FBS fans for the hall full stadium?? and none of you are gonna comment on that??

MVCBeat
    @BeatMvc

NDSU AD Larsen: “The one thing I would say is if NDSU wants to be attractive to other leagues, having a half-filled dome isn’t very attractive.”
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Per Forum:

"There have been some in the team’s fan base who are clamoring for NDSU to make the move to FBS with the Bison winning eight FCS national championships since 2011. That overwhelming success has caused some to lose interest in attending games.

'I have heard that a little bit,' Larsen said. 'The one thing I would say is if NDSU wants to be attractive to other leagues, having a half-filled dome isn’t very attractive.'”

Really? A little bit? Minimizing the clamoring does not inspire any confidence that he sees FBS as part of the solution.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 12-15-2021 at 04:44 AM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Per Forum:

"There have been some in the team’s fan base who are clamoring for NDSU to make the move to FBS with the Bison winning eight FCS national championships since 2011. That overwhelming success has caused some to lose interest in attending games.

'I have heard that a little bit,' Larsen said. 'The one thing I would say is if NDSU wants to be attractive to other leagues, having a half-filled dome isn’t very attractive.'”

Really? A little bit? Minimizing the clamoring does not inspire any confidence that he sees FBS as part of the solution.

I can understand the frustration from an NDSU leadership perspective. The product on the field is awesome and yet the fans aren't showing up. That being said, there aren't many options for the average fan to show their frustration. They can email ML and others. They can post on social media. They can call in to radio shows. They can discuss it with their peers. However, the best way to impact decisions is by speaking with their dollars which means not attending games, buying merchandise or engaging with the program in the same way as previously. It is the NDSU leadership's job to find out why people are making those choices and make changes to bring the fans and their dollars back into the fold. Shaming the fans for making a choice that is a direct reflection of their views on the program is ridiculous. This is where he comes off as tone deaf. If ML says "We are well aware of the attendance and are working diligently to address the reasons for the decline. We want to acknowledge the frustrations and do everything in our power to continue to improve the gameday experience so that our student athletes can play in front of a full, loud and passionate Fargodome. It is in the programs best interest to have our attendance be as high as possible in order for us to achieve higher aspirations for our program." This still makes the point that attendance is a big driver in selling our program to an FBS conference but he does it without placing the blame on the fans for making a choice that is in direct response to actions or lack of actions taken by the NDSU leadership.

This is why ML gets criticism. Own the situation. It isn't all his fault and the solutions aren't all within his control but he's paid handsomely to work with his staff to find solutions that can improve the situation.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I can understand the frustration from an NDSU leadership perspective. The product on the field is awesome and yet the fans aren't showing up. That being said, there aren't many options for the average fan to show their frustration. They can email ML and others. They can post on social media. They can call in to radio shows. They can discuss it with their peers. However, the best way to impact decisions is by speaking with their dollars which means not attending games, buying merchandise or engaging with the program in the same way as previously. It is the NDSU leadership's job to find out why people are making those choices and make changes to bring the fans and their dollars back into the fold. Shaming the fans for making a choice that is a direct reflection of their views on the program is ridiculous. This is where he comes off as tone deaf. If ML says "We are well aware of the attendance and are working diligently to address the reasons for the decline. We want to acknowledge the frustrations and do everything in our power to continue to improve the gameday experience so that our student athletes can play in front of a full, loud and passionate Fargodome. It is in the programs best interest to have our attendance be as high as possible in order for us to achieve higher aspirations for our program." This still makes the point that attendance is a big driver in selling our program to an FBS conference but he does it without placing the blame on the fans for making a choice that is in direct response to actions or lack of actions taken by the NDSU leadership.

This is why ML gets criticism. Own the situation. It isn't all his fault and the solutions aren't all within his control but he's paid handsomely to work with his staff to find solutions that can improve the situation.
    100% this. He's stuck his foot in his mouth a couple times recently. I think gameday ops needs a memelord and DJ to troll the other team over the scoreboard and sound system over the course of the game.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post

Too right. I posted a link here a few days back to a UofM page that talks about their Fan Advisory Board. https://gophersports.com/sports/2018...ory-board.aspx

If I were ML I would convene one of these post haste. It would be populated with a diverse cross section of fan representatives spanning multiple generations, socio-economic strata, geographical regions, etc. Members not just drawn from TM nor even all alums. Get the whole cross section and solicit feedback/guidance regarding how to increase engagement. I would these peeps operating in crisis mode at this point.

But, that's just me.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Too right. I posted a link here a few days back to a UofM page that talks about their Fan Advisory Board. https://gophersports.com/sports/2018...ory-board.aspx

If I were ML I would convene one of these post haste. It would be populated with a diverse cross section of fan representatives spanning multiple generations, socio-economic strata, geographical regions, etc. Members not just drawn from TM nor even all alums. Get the whole cross section and solicit feedback/guidance regarding how to increase engagement. I would these peeps operating in crisis mode at this point.

But, that's just me.
    Absolutely! It sends a positive message that they are hearing what the fans are saying. Maybe some fans will re-engage just knowing that improvements are being explored. As has been stated ad nauseum on here, the changes to the game day experience have been few and far between over the past 5+ years. Most rational fans want to see progress. They don't expect perfection.

Ahh yes, the ol' blame the fans bit. That usually works well. "It's the fault of the people who pay my paycheck!"

Too bad his little brain can't figure out fans have stopped coming because our athletic department has stayed stagnant (in every way other than football performance) for 4/5 years. The athletes themselves and the fans deserve better than this sticking of his head in the ground.

Chapo certainly has an abrasive way of saying it, but he's not wrong. Larsen been coasting and he's looking for scapegoats now that the cows have come home to roost.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*