Page 462 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472512562962 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    That doesn't make it a good bowl game. December 21 (a tuesday lol), December 23...NDSU fans wouldn't bring half of what they bring to Frisco currently for a bowl game where the shiny trophy isn't involved. So yes...check the attendance of those games, check the atmosphere of those games. It'll be absolutely nowhere near Friday night.
    Okay I'll check those, and you can go check FCS championship games that don't involve NDSU lol

Take NDSU out of the equation and attendance at Frisco bowl games is higher than the FCS championship.

Oh, and I'll take your home semifinal game against a team that's leaving to FBS (for some misguided reason according to your logic) and raise you a conference championship game in MAC or MW, followed by a bowl game.

The unfortunate reality is that outside of us playing SDSU in the semis, we will never have a full stadium again staying FCS. Not that it all matters, but since you love bringing up attendance and atmosphere...
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Okay I'll check those, and you can go check FCS championship games that don't involve NDSU lol

Take NDSU out of the equation and attendance at Frisco bowl games is higher than the FCS championship.

Oh, and I'll take your home semifinal game against a team that's leaving to FBS (for some misguided reason according to your logic) and raise you a conference championship game in MAC or MW, followed by a bowl game.

The unfortunate reality is that outside of us playing SDSU in the semis, we will never have a full stadium again staying FCS. Not that it all matters, but since you love bringing up attendance and atmosphere...
    100% This. The risk to stay FCS is just as great (greater in my opinion) as it is to move FBS.

staying FCS does NOTHING for NDSU at this point, in fact it will hurt attendence and interest and recruiting even more. (we already have proof this year of that)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    staying FCS does NOTHING for NDSU at this point, in fact it will hurt attendence and interest and recruiting even more. (we already have proof this year of that)
    Yep, and the other best teams haven't even left yet :/
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

So this is just going back to made up scenarios. Because the MAC or MWC ain't happening. The FBS option is the 'new shitty' CUSA allegedly, which is really...really...not that appealing either.

So....as i've stated everywhere....damned if you do damned if you don't. Geography rules college athletics it's really not that hard to figure out.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    That is true...but low level FBS isn't that appealing either. I have no clue why that's so hard to understand.

So this is just going back to made up scenarios. Because the MAC or MWC ain't happening. The FBS option is the 'new shitty' CUSA allegedly, which is really...really...not that appealing either.

So....as i've stated everywhere....damned if you do damned if you don't. Geography rules college athletics it's really not that hard to figure out.
    Geography influences, but doesn't rule. At least not at the FBS level. CUSA teams are stretched from Miami to El Paso. There's nothing cozy about that. The AAC wanted Boise State. You know what we call the region that includes Boise, Annapolis, Greenville, and Tampa Bay? The United States.

Geography is important, but it doesn't have to be determinative. The CUSA will make its geography work because it is in the interest of the league to have FBS football teams, some of which are decent. And it is in our interest to be paired with them, despite being located in South Canada.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Right, but you were the one talking about attendance and postseason. I understand the reality of the geography/conference invite situation.
    *one day later*

That is true...but low level FBS isn't that appealing either. I have no clue why that's so hard to understand.
    Low level FBS isn't that appealing to some (you included) but I think others may feel differently provided that we can continue to invest and build our program. Essentially giving up and saying where we are at is the best we can do seems like a really poor way to look at the future and that is hard for me to understand. The realities are that we don't control our destiny completely and I do understand that. Just don't understand the mindset that we resign ourselves to the status quo. Not saying that is what NDSU leadership is doing but your comments lead me to believe that that is your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Geography influences, but doesn't rule. At least not at the FBS level. CUSA teams are stretched from Miami to El Paso. There's nothing cozy about that. The AAC wanted Boise State. You know what we call the region that includes Boise, Annapolis, Greenville, and Tampa Bay? The United States.

Geography is important, but it doesn't have to be determinative. The CUSA will make its geography work because it is in the interest of the league to have FBS football teams, some of which are decent. And it is in our interest to be paired with them, despite being located in South Canada.
    Geography is definitely a major obstacle for NDSU. There are ways to overcome it though. It will take money, time and some creative marketing.

During the SIU tv broadcast, the ESPN commentators said that when they spoke with Coach Entz he said that they consider themselves a "Mid-Major Football Program" they don't like the FCS/FBS monikers. I understand this is essentially semantics but I give them credit for trying to frame the narrative differently by how they discuss the FCS-FBS dilemma. It doesn't change the larger dynamics greatly but at the very least it seems to be an acknowledgement that they would prefer to not be labeled as "FCS" which is a start. I'm taking that as an indicator of larger aspirations, fully acknowledging that it is difficult for them to publicly state their full intentions.