Page 460 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462470510560960 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I’m hoping Friday night’s atmosphere is as good as previous semifinal games. It should be. That being said, these are the type of statements that are ridiculous. Most of us on here have attended very few, if any, bowl games. The reality is that there are some really great bowl game atmospheres and destinations. I have friends who are big gopher fans. They’ve traveled to many of the recent bowl games in the kill and fleck era. They have really enjoyed themselves. They typically haven’t been playing in the marquee bowls. I think the bowls that NDSU would/could achieve would create experiences very similar to Frisco, just in more varied locations.
    I am sure there are bowl games with great atmospheres. I can tell you for a fact that the Orange Bowl isnt one of them.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I am sure there are bowl games with great atmospheres. I can tell you for a fact that the Orange Bowl isnt one of them.
    Never been so I’ll defer to you on that. My point is that the Bison fans have proven that they will travel. The Target Field game vs. Butler was not a great game or atmosphere throughout but I enjoyed the entire experience with friends and fellow Bison fans. Frisco has been much better games when I’ve been there and the experience around the games have been fun. Bowl games would likely be no different. Competition, venue, locale, weather, etc. will make some better than others but those types of experiences always seem to bring out the best in the bison fan base. I think Bowl games will likely be very enjoyable because we will bring our fun with us. It’s what the NDSU fan base does. No different at a bowl game.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Never been so I’ll defer to you on that. My point is that the Bison fans have proven that they will travel. The Target Field game vs. Butler was not a great game or atmosphere throughout but I enjoyed the entire experience with friends and fellow Bison fans. Frisco has been much better games when I’ve been there and the experience around the games have been fun. Bowl games would likely be no different. Competition, venue, locale, weather, etc. will make some better than others but those types of experiences always seem to bring out the best in the bison fan base. I think Bowl games will likely be very enjoyable because we will bring our fun with us. It’s what the NDSU fan base does. No different at a bowl game.
    Agreed. It may not be 10-15k fans but it could be more with the right matchup and location. A large part of the fun of the championship games is seeing old friends from college and making a couple new ones. That can happen at any bowl game anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Only you worry about that shit.
    have you seen attendence? haha
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU fans would bring 25,000 to a Las Vegas Bowl or Arizona bowl in December with all the snowbirds and alums... hahaha nice try
    There is not a single chance we bring that many to a shitty bowl bowl. 0%. See ya Friday. It’s gonna be legit

I am Gopher fan as well. Auburn NYD game sure. That’s it and not a realistic scenario for NDSU. Therefore; not ridiculous, but realistic statement. No single low level FBS game will have fridays atmosphere, no doubt in my mind.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I am Gopher fan as well. Auburn NYD game sure. That’s it and not a realistic scenario for NDSU. Therefore; not ridiculous, but realistic statement. No single low level FBS game will have fridays atmosphere, no doubt in my mind.
    15k go to Frisco for the FCS championship. Doesn’t seem like a stretch that the same would go to Vegas, Florida or Arizona for a bowl game. The FCS championship is comparable to a low level FBS bowl game. Towson brought maybe 1000 fans. We still made it enjoyable.

reason #8348 for FBS.

we just lost RECRUIT #2 to a FBS program that was committed. we getting used.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    reason #8348 for FBS.

we just lost RECRUIT #2 to a FBS program that was committed. we getting used.
    What was 8312 again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

15k go to Frisco for the FCS championship. Doesn’t seem like a stretch that the same would go to Vegas, Florida or Arizona for a bowl game. The FCS championship is comparable to a low level FBS bowl game. Towson brought maybe 1000 fans. We still made it enjoyable.
    NDSU travels to Frisco because fans have a 4 month heads up on when and where it is. Give them a 3 week notice and a toilet bowl game give or take a few days around Christmas… good luck with that.