Page 459 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509559959 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

GO FBS. then you don't have to worry about 3 playoff games or people w Thanksgiving/holiday events
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    FCS is a niche group, it's a big niche, but still a niche. Those that want to watch already know about it. Not going to grab many casual viewers.

I have to think that there would be more interest in the FCS championship game if they devote some significant effort to promote it. You are describing the core fan base. However, TV profits are made in the margins by grabbing additional viewers.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    I have to think that there would be more interest in the FCS championship game if they devote some significant effort to promote it. You are describing the core fan base. However, TV profits are made in the margins by grabbing additional viewers.
    I doubt they would get much bang for their buck if they did excessive promoting. It may move the needle some but not enough to make the time and effort to promote it. That would be money for ABC/ESPN in advertising revenue and they have a pretty good pulse on what their market will be.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

anyone else sick of this fat little toad always ripping on ndsu. plus.. its funny how all sdsu, usd, uni und fans are ripping NDSU fans for wanting to go FBS?? obviously its jealousy.

Zach Borg
    @IceBorg
    It’s also a shame one (#JamesMadison) is leaving for the FBS and the other (#NDSU) desperately wants to follow them giving up a terrific playoff and rivalry for the “honor” of playing worthless bowl games in Detroit and Shreveport.

says the guy working for dakota news now in suck falls or whatever that is

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    "Hey come tune into a game we will probably miss the kickoff for because of a Big East basketball game running long."
    College of Business Alumnus

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    anyone else sick of this fat little toad always ripping on ndsu. plus.. its funny how all sdsu, usd, uni und fans are ripping NDSU fans for wanting to go FBS?? obviously its jealousy.

Zach Borg
    @IceBorg
    It’s also a shame one (#JamesMadison) is leaving for the FBS and the other (#NDSU) desperately wants to follow them giving up a terrific playoff and rivalry for the “honor” of playing worthless bowl games in Detroit and Shreveport.

says the guy working for dakota news now in suck falls or whatever that is
    Friday nights atmosphere will be better than any bowl NDSU would ever achieve at FBS....except for those "you're telling me there's a chance" fans.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Friday nights atmosphere will be better than any bowl NDSU would ever achieve at FBS....except for those "you're telling me there's a chance" fans.
    NDSU fans would bring 25,000 to a Las Vegas Bowl or Arizona bowl in December with all the snowbirds and alums... hahaha nice try

NDSU fans would bring 25,000 to a Las Vegas Bowl or Arizona bowl in December with all the snowbirds and alums... hahaha nice try
    Who would we play? Troy, Southern Miss, North TX, Memphis, South Florida? That's the only marquee programs I can think of.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I’m hoping Friday night’s atmosphere is as good as previous semifinal games. It should be. That being said, these are the type of statements that are ridiculous. Most of us on here have attended very few, if any, bowl games. The reality is that there are some really great bowl game atmospheres and destinations. I have friends who are big gopher fans. They’ve traveled to many of the recent bowl games in the kill and fleck era. They have really enjoyed themselves. They typically haven’t been playing in the marquee bowls. I think the bowls that NDSU would/could achieve would create experiences very similar to Frisco, just in more varied locations.

GO FBS. then you don't have to worry about 3 playoff games or people w Thanksgiving/holiday events
    Only you worry about that shit.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."