Page 437 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487537937 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I've heard there are donors who will find a new way to spend their money if NDSU joins CUSA as well. I don't know what the mix is but it's a lose/lose situation either way.
    Right, because who is it all about again?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    The Conference Commissioners and Notre Dame’s Athletic Director are scheduled to meet Wednesday to discuss the Expansion of the playoffs.
    The Alliance or ACC, B1G 10, & PAC 12 are going to push for A 8 team playoff with the Conference champions getting automatic bids. I think that it is stupid to have automatic bids for conference champions because you could have A #25 ranked Oregon getting in over several one loss teams last season.
    The other Conferences including The SEC, Big 12, Notre Dame, & the Group of 5 conferences are all for the 12 team playoff system that was proposed earlier this year. The 6 Top ranked conference champions would get Automatic bids and the other 6 spots would be selected by a committee.
    The proposed 12 team playoff system has the Top 4 teams getting 1sr round byes. The other teams without byes would see the higher seeed teams getting a home playoff game. I would think the 4 teams getting the 1st round byes would want home playoff games as well.
    A representative for 43 bowl games wants the bowl games to be used for the playoffs. Notre Dame has made an offer that they cannot be seeded any higher than 5th, even if they are undefeated and ranked 1st in the polls. This is to offset the lack of a conference championship game.
    Which would you rather see? I am totally against the 8 team playoff system and automatic bids for conference champions. Now the 12 team playoff system has a better plan and if the PAC 12 cannot get a team into the playoffs that is their fault. The Former PAC 12 commissioner made a statement about the 12 team playoff system “ It just means 4 or 5 SEC teams will get into the playoffs”.
    Look at the current teams and use both the 8 and 12 team playoff system and see which teams would get in.
    PAC12 has small-man syndrome. SEC has all the power and late time TV slots are tough. But they'll get over it

I've heard there are donors who will find a new way to spend their money if NDSU joins CUSA as well. I don't know what the mix is but it's a lose/lose situation either way.
    And I'm sure there are donors that are going to find a new way to spend their money if NDSU doesn't get something done with FBS even if it means joining CUSA.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    PAC12 has small-man syndrome. SEC has all the power and late time TV slots are tough. But they'll get over it
    Yea its funny watching Notre Dame/Pac 12 hold on
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    And I'm sure there are donors that are going to find a new way to spend their money if NDSU doesn't get something done with FBS even if it means joining CUSA.
    Exactly... impossible to make everyone happy.

Exactly... impossible to make everyone happy.
    yea but listen.
    if NDSU goes up, we won't LOSE fans
    but if we stay with status quo WE ALREADY ARE LOSING FANS!!

Luke Fickell was told at his radio show about Gary Barta’s comments that Cincinnati hasn’t beat anyone besides Notre Dame. Fickell’s response?

“Who’s the chairman? Did he play football?” #Bearcats

HAHA NDSU QB dumbasses!!

which reminds me. with Gary Barta/Gene Taylor on that committee, the AAC should invite NDSU this week and then Gary/Gene will put Cinci up to #2 or #3 that's a WIN WIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    Anyone agree with me yet?
    Except leave out UND

Jax St Sam Liberty NMSU to CUSA

wow