Page 436 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486536936 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Who all is watching the prime time match up between Miami Ohio-Ohio tonight ? Man I can’t wait to get into the MAC or CUSA so we can play on Tuesdays, or Wednesdays, or Thursdays. Screw playing on weekends because we will always be the big prime time game every week……
    Tuesday Wednesday Thursday MACTION for the NEXT 3 WEEKS BABY!!!!!!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    yeah...good riddance to people who pay the bills..great fucking philosophy there Socrates
    So we are relying on bandwagon fans to pay the bills???? Our TRUE supporters will never leave and those people are the donors that pay the bills. People who threaten to quit supporting the Bison if we stay FCS are not worth begging then to stay. Hell for example what would Lakes do with his life if he didn’t have the Bison to be a fan of……..?

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    For FBS aspirations, the safest and cleanest way to make it happen is for the MVC publics and Summit football schools (sans WIU) to move into the shell that is CUSA. We'd finally get the all sport FBS conference we've wanted with the Valley/Summit State schools all together. The problem is I think that ship has already sailed as the recent additions to CUSA have signaled expansion to the south. I'd imagine LA Tech is calling many of the shots and they have no desire to venture this far north. Besides, this is only a temporary situation for them as they will call the shots in this new CUSA and then bolt the first chance they get. I can see them inviting MoState as that is still "southern" but I don't think they venture much further north than that right now.

I think the best course of action is to remain vigilant to realistic opportunities and when the opportunity arises the Dakota schools all move together. There is strength in numbers, keeps regional rivalries intact, and keeps the politicians in check as well. There will be opportunities as the NCAA changes and the P4 split eventually happens.
    USD should probably break 10k in attendance if you really want to be included in the conversation. Honestly you and UND are the extra limbs decaying on the back of SDSU and NDSU. But yes I agree with you NDSU needs partners in this but USD isn’t even close…..

So we are relying on bandwagon fans to pay the bills???? Our TRUE supporters will never leave and those people are the donors that pay the bills. People who threaten to quit supporting the Bison if we stay FCS are not worth begging then to stay. Hell for example what would Lakes do with his life if he didn’t have the Bison to be a fan of……..?
    Uhhh you absolutely need Bandwagon fans.

Define a bandwagon fan?

Now define a "TRUE supporter."

NDSU doesn't have enough TRUE fans by any definition to alienate bandwagon fans. And "TRUE supporters" aren't gonna keep throwing money at a program that has been left behind by the few teams who can consistently or effectively challenge NDSU.

Bandwagon fans are absolutely needed. And Bandwagon fans become "TRUE" fans as you call them over time. Or their kids do.

I know it sounds fun to say "Oh we don't need lazy fans! We need loyal fans!" But that aint how the world works. Turns out a dollar is a dollar whether your mom gives it to you or a Somali pirate does.
    College of Business Alumnus

NDSU will NEVER Be in the MAC. so stop with that strawman argument
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

It isn't that they will quit supporting the Bison. It is that they are done with FCS. This isn't hard. I'd be happy as punch if the NDSU volleyball team makes the NCAA tourney or if wrestling does well. I should say, I'd be happy as punch if I even hear about it. The fact is, I don't follow those teams or those sports. We have some good high school football in the area as well, but I don't know who's who in terms of record or standing. I don't follow that level of football. Not following a particular sport doesn't make one the enemy of NDSU. It just means they are not interested in FCS football. I just dropped $500 bucks to buy a couple basketball season tickets and I hope to catch most of the games. On the other hand, you could make track and field free for spectators, and I still won't go. And I liked track in high school and I liked following my kids' careers in track. But I've got other things to do than watch events I'm not really interested in presently. I'll pay money for things that matter to me. FCS does not matter to me.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 11-03-2021 at 04:40 AM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Uhhh you absolutely need Bandwagon fans.

Define a bandwagon fan?

Now define a "TRUE supporter."

NDSU doesn't have enough TRUE fans by any definition to alienate bandwagon fans. And "TRUE supporters" aren't gonna keep throwing money at a program that has been left behind by the few teams who can consistently or effectively challenge NDSU.

Bandwagon fans are absolutely needed. And Bandwagon fans become "TRUE" fans as you call them over time. Or their kids do.

I know it sounds fun to say "Oh we don't need lazy fans! We need loyal fans!" But that aint how the world works. Turns out a dollar is a dollar whether your mom gives it to you or a Somali pirate does.
    If these bandwagon fans are not true loyal fans by now after delivering multiple championships over the last decade I don’t think going FBS is going to keep them interested. I’m supporting NDSU football no matter what division we are in. pERIOD.

Lol, these guys are not bandwagon, been donating since they graduated so whatever you want to think
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Lol, these guys are not bandwagon, been donating since they graduated so whatever you want to think
    I've heard there are donors who will find a new way to spend their money if NDSU joins CUSA as well. I don't know what the mix is but it's a lose/lose situation either way.

The Conference Commissioners and Notre Dame’s Athletic Director are scheduled to meet Wednesday to discuss the Expansion of the playoffs.
    The Alliance or ACC, B1G 10, & PAC 12 are going to push for A 8 team playoff with the Conference champions getting automatic bids. I think that it is stupid to have automatic bids for conference champions because you could have A #25 ranked Oregon getting in over several one loss teams last season.
    The other Conferences including The SEC, Big 12, Notre Dame, & the Group of 5 conferences are all for the 12 team playoff system that was proposed earlier this year. The 6 Top ranked conference champions would get Automatic bids and the other 6 spots would be selected by a committee.
    The proposed 12 team playoff system has the Top 4 teams getting 1sr round byes. The other teams without byes would see the higher seeed teams getting a home playoff game. I would think the 4 teams getting the 1st round byes would want home playoff games as well.
    A representative for 43 bowl games wants the bowl games to be used for the playoffs. Notre Dame has made an offer that they cannot be seeded any higher than 5th, even if they are undefeated and ranked 1st in the polls. This is to offset the lack of a conference championship game.
    Which would you rather see? I am totally against the 8 team playoff system and automatic bids for conference champions. Now the 12 team playoff system has a better plan and if the PAC 12 cannot get a team into the playoffs that is their fault. The Former PAC 12 commissioner made a statement about the 12 team playoff system “ It just means 4 or 5 SEC teams will get into the playoffs”.
    Look at the current teams and use both the 8 and 12 team playoff system and see which teams would get in.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?