Page 429 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431439479529929 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Come on PL! You should know that all El Chapo responses have been thoroughly researched.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The MWC could still poach them anyway. I don't think AAC had a very well thought out expansion plan.
    That ship sailed, and the reason the MWC is sitting tight is because they aren’t getting any more money right now. They will once the playoffs expand to 12, some say big-time $$. They want CST and will go to 14 to do so, even if no one leaves. That’s my prediction and I am confident that NDSU has a good shot for FB-only. That’s why it’s important to be selective and not rush the CUSA option.

You say the MWC won’t take FCS, but NDSU isn’t really FCS. I saw on some CUSA board that you should have to have been in a natty to even be considered for FBS. NDSU has won 8 of the last 10, ffs. Despite what the up-north haters and FCS-forevers say, NDSU is both worthy and ready, and there is nobody else in FCS that is even close now that JMU is gone. That’s just the truth, even if some people, Bison-fans included, don’t want to hear it.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My dream scenario would be the Montanas and Dakotas making up CUSA North division. It could save the conference and makes sense, but it would never happen. Hence the dream scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Source for these assertions?????
    I bet it was Kennedy Jr.’s antivax site. Either there or Front Page Magazine.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    My dream scenario would be the Montanas and Dakotas making up CUSA North division. It could save the conference and makes sense, but it would never happen. Hence the dream scenario.
    Honestly this really could happen if teams worked together to court the CUSA. The only teams that are ready for FBS are NDSU, Montana, Montana St, Southern Utah, and to a lesser extent SDSU, UNI………….. too bad USD SIU MSU and UND can’t get above 15k in attendance otherwise we would have a great north division

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    If we were to be a football-only member in an FBS conference, there wouldn't need to be any additional sports offered by NDSU, would there? I think there is a minimum for D-1 and then conferences can set a higher bar for the minimum number of sports sponsored at their schools.
    NDSU would need to add 18 women’s scholarships somewhere to balance out the increased FBS minimum scholarships

Quote Originally Posted by StecMSU View Post
    2019 was before Bobby Petrino was named head football coach. Things have changed.

Bobby and the de facto coach in waiting Nick P want to move up so the school president and athletic director want it too now. Springfield businesses want it but there is pushback from faculty and the Board of Governors. If Conference USA asks nicely then we will probably go and try and take some MVC schools with us so that we aren't the only bad guy.

I would love to see NDSU and SDSU join us. Maybe even the Yotes and the Fighting Hawks too. The Indiana State beat guy wrote a column today about how Missouri State should stay. He probably knows that he could soon be the beat reporter for a team in the Great Lakes Valley Conference. Evansville and Northern Iowa are in similar situations.
    So MSU may be willing to take a bit to their BB program to try and elevate their FB program? Is the MVC a one bid conference like the CUSA dumpster? I would love to have NDSU in the MVC.

What has MSU been averaging this year for football attendance? Honestly I don’t think team can cut it at the FBS unless they are about 15k or above. That puts many schools on the outside looking in.

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    This hits on topic I was thinking. That no matter what conference NDSU would join they would be a geographical outlier. I think it may be hard to get a conference to want a single team on the outskirts of their range that doesnt increase TV revenue or recruiting footprint in a meaningful way. Before all this realignment what conference has a team that doesnt have at least another conference member in state or in a neighbor state (excluding Hawaii) ...... Buffalo (still within 5 hr of drive of multiple teams) and 2 Big12 teams (ISU, WVU)... thats it

Leaving the best option for NDSU move up to have a partner or two. Preferably one geographically closer to NDSU. This would also help NDSU maintain some rivalry with a team nearby. Only see a couple teams that could fit that bill, SDSU and Montana and to a lesser extent UND or Montana State.

I think ideally the PAC12 poaches Boise and San Diego State.. The MWC tell Hawaii to go pound sand and they add NDSU, and two of Montana, SDSU, Montana State
    The MWC has a ton of options in their own backyard to replace teams if they leave. Southern Utah, Montana, Montana St, and NMSU are all worthy options with strong attendance. NDSU has more prestige but they are much further away. NDSU is honestly probably 4th or 5th on their list.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    NDSU would need to add 18 women’s scholarships somewhere to balance out the increased FBS minimum scholarships
    Is there any room for that or are we looking at adding Equestrian and Crew again? Lacrosse? That might actually be more sensible?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Is there any room for that or are we looking at adding Equestrian and Crew again? Lacrosse? That might actually be more sensible?
    Not sure where they would /could go. I’m sure we would add a summit sponsored sport first before adding one that isn’t sponsored.