Page 414 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514914 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by StecMSU View Post
    Conference USA is such a train wreck nowadays. I guess I would feel compelled to gloat if we moved up before NDSU. But that has to be the most mediocre prize to win in all the world. CUSA is one step away from hosting their football championship at some high school in Texas. And not even a cool one like Allen.
    Speaking of train wrecks, CUSA doesn’t have Missouri State, Indiana State and Western Illinois, so it’s automatically a major step up.

At least if MSU moves up before NDSU that conference will know they have the best teacher’s college in a 200 mile radius. That’s gotta count for something
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    If CUSA is willing to take NMSU, then they should also take NDSU. At that point, distances don't matter. If you're going to have to travel long distances, at least have some football success in the mix as well. Btw...I'd love to be in a conference with NMSU for basketball.
    Except that NMSU is only 40 miles from Conference USA member UTEP. This might be the best chance for a move up with SDSU, Mo State, and Illinois State. It would also be a better basketball conference as well with NMSU, WKU, SDSU, NDSU, Mo State, and Illinois State to anchor it. I would also imagine that TX State could be in play as well since they are on an Island now in CUSA. The following new Conference USA would be a great start for the MVFC schools that have dreamed of moving up.

NDSU
    SDSU
    Mo State
    TX State
    NMSU
    UTEP

WKU
    MTU
    La Tech
    FIU
    Illinois State
    ?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StecMSU View Post
    Conference USA is such a train wreck nowadays. I guess I would feel compelled to gloat if we moved up before NDSU. But that has to be the most mediocre prize to win in all the world. CUSA is one step away from hosting their football championship at some high school in Texas. And not even a cool one like Allen.
    The MidCon was a train wreck as well until NDSU and SDSU stabilized it and made it our own.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    CUSA will be left with UTEP, WKU, La Tech, MTSU, and FIU. Lots of speculation that Mo State would move up and NMSU would leave independence. If Mo State goes FBS before NDSU....oh Lordy.
    The MAC should be all over WKU and MTSU. Nobody has poached any MAC schools, but this is an arms race at this point and you have to strike while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Except that NMSU is only 40 miles from Conference USA member UTEP. This might be the best chance for a move up with SDSU and possibly Mo State. It would also be a better basketball conference as well with NMSU, WKU, SDSU, NDSU, and Mo State to anchor it.
    Yeah...I keep forgetting about UTEP.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Add in USD and UND and you've got a 6-team north division. You know if NDSU moves up, UND will follow (again).
    Naw, those idiots up north would poo poo the idea for five years before they'd follow in our tracks. When has UN_ ever done anything at the right time? Besides, the Tin Shed is way too small and more importantly, teh hockies would feel threatened.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Hmm, sounds like JMU will in fact be heading to FBS. https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment..._is_examining/

No point in staying. Fcs tanked hard when we lost app gsu etc. we lose more of the top tier and it’s going to be so much worse.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by riceweb View Post
    Hmm, sounds like JMU will in fact be heading to FBS. https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment..._is_examining/
    Oh well, at least we’ll always have Indiana State as a peer/rival
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    No point in staying. Fcs tanked hard when we lost app gsu etc. we lose more of the top tier and it’s going to be so much worse.
    We are the top tier man, look around.
    *one day later*