Page 411 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461511911 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://www.smudailycampus.com/sport...for-conference

'Schools have approached us and sometimes you have discussions with schools and, for whatever reason, things don’t work out. But we haven’t been contacting people who haven’t expressed an interest,” Aresco siad.'

'Aresco said he suspects the American to add several schools in the “coming weeks to a month.” He declined to comment on which schools they would be.'

'Aresco instead pointed to a new model. Instead of bringing in established schools, he believes the conference can survive by bringing in lesser schools and raising their profile once they are in the conference.'
    Too bad we all know NDSU has contacted absolutely no one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

that's the KEY LINE

But we haven’t been contacting people who haven’t expressed an interest,” Aresco siad.'

SUCK IT PL
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    that's the KEY LINE

But we haven’t been contacting people who haven’t expressed an interest,” Aresco siad.'

SUCK IT PL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...nt/8457594002/

'The Mountain West is continuing to explore the possibility of expansion, commissioner Craig Thompson said Thursday, noting that he had spoken earlier in the day to the presidents of two universities interested in joining the conference.'

'"It’s an ongoing, literally daily, conversation that we’ve had with a number of institutions that are presenting a case that they would have an interest in joining the Mountain West Conference," he said at the conclusion of the MW’s women’s basketball media days. Thompson didn’t identify any of the schools involved in those conversations.'

Pulled this from MWC board, where the newest funding data is also discussed in the context of FCS schools - https://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/...rams/#comments

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...nt/8457594002/

'The Mountain West is continuing to explore the possibility of expansion, commissioner Craig Thompson said Thursday, noting that he had spoken earlier in the day to the presidents of two universities interested in joining the conference.'

'"It’s an ongoing, literally daily, conversation that we’ve had with a number of institutions that are presenting a case that they would have an interest in joining the Mountain West Conference," he said at the conclusion of the MW’s women’s basketball media days. Thompson didn’t identify any of the schools involved in those conversations.'

Pulled this from MWC board, where the newest funding data is also discussed in the context of FCS schools - https://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/...rams/#comments
    Do they realize that UND's expenses are as high as NDSU's because of teh hockies?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Do they realize that UND's expenses are as high as NDSU's because of teh hockies?
    they do now.
    NDSU hasn't even tapped their students or aggressively hit up teammakers members or a big push like that.
    FBS gives them that leverage. let's goooo

AAC takes another stab at it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteThame...1akBZZTOA&s=19

If Thamel is correct, that's more schools than I thought.

So...should NDSU push for the CUSA? If that's what's available, I'd be okay with that.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Honestly, whatever gets us to FBS, I'm on board. My preference is: 1. MWC, 2. CUSA, 3. MAC

CUSA is going to pull some good FCS schools like JMU to fill their conference. Villanova would make a ton of sense with the Philly market and their national basketball name recognition.

I'm hoping this latest round of moves prompts the MWC to get aggressive, especially knowing Boise State and SDSU may bolt in a few years, and bring in NDSU and someone like Montana. At the very least, hopefully the trickle down of conferences pillaging others creates a spot at the table for NDSU to slide in.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Honestly, whatever gets us to FBS, I'm on board. My preference is: 1. MWC, 2. CUSA, 3. MAC

CUSA is going to pull some good FCS schools like JMU to fill their conference. Villanova would make a ton of sense with the Philly market and their national basketball name recognition.

I'm hoping this latest round of moves prompts the MWC to get aggressive, especially knowing Boise State and SDSU may bolt in a few years, and bring in NDSU and someone like Montana. At the very least, hopefully the trickle down of conferences pillaging others creates a spot at the table for NDSU to slide in.
    $h!t. I'm reading all the possible chain reactions from this. None of them mention NDSU for any conference. I think we're are going to be left out of this. But congrats to JMU. They'll be fine.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by professorbum View Post
    $h!t. I'm reading all the possible chain reactions from this. None of them mention ndsu for any conference. I think we're are going to be left out of this. But congrats to jmu. They'll be fine.
    because its been 10 years of admin w their finger up their asses...

Put up some pr. A statement, anything, move the fucking needle

who cares if we piss off mvfc teams.... They subsidize their programs off of us. F em