Page 399 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449499899 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    DONT NEED SDSU FOR ANYTHING or any of these pud schools around here.
    They can have a Super Bowl game against us in Basketball/Volleyball etc every year or so.

A flight from Denver to Fargo or Vegas to Fargo daily is all we need for the all sports teams to fly in. big deal.
    All MWC games are played in Denver and Vegas?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    All MWC games are played in Denver and Vegas?
    no but it's an easy connection to fargo is my point
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    DONT NEED SDSU FOR ANYTHING or any of these pud schools around here.
    They can have a Super Bowl game against us in Basketball/Volleyball etc every year or so.

A flight from Denver to Fargo or Vegas to Fargo daily is all we need for the all sports teams to fly in. big deal.
    Who would our travel partner be? Colorado State? lol

It's fine being remote for a single flight, football teams are gonna fly to their destination and then directly home anyways, no problem. But you need to have a travel partner so that way when San Diego State flies their MBB/WBB/Volleyball/soccer squads up to Fargo they can bus to Brookings, not then jump on an intermediate flight to Boise or wherever (no direct options, it should be noted) and then fly again home to San Diego.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Who would our travel partner be? Colorado State? lol

It's fine being remote for a single flight, football teams are gonna fly to their destination and then directly home anyways, no problem. But you need to have a travel partner so that way when San Diego State flies their MBB/WBB/Volleyball/soccer squads up to Fargo they can bus to Brookings, not then jump on an intermediate flight to Boise or wherever (no direct options, it should be noted) and then fly again home to San Diego.
    aint no busses in FBS world cmon man. we bigtimin'
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Anyone read the Atlantic article this story references?

https://www.kvrr.com/2021/09/23/repo...ence-realigns/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Anyone read the Atlantic article this story references?

https://www.kvrr.com/2021/09/23/repo...ence-realigns/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Atlantic? I think it was in the New Yorker, no?

Having Hawaii as an affiliate football member in the MWC helps NDSU's chances I'd say. It's really hard to see the benefit to the majority of the MWC member schools to add NDSU in all sports but if they get 2 (or even 4 teams) raided by the AAC they could conceivably have one all sports membership open and one football only membership open since that would get them back to 10 all sports members and 12 football members which I think is pretty ideal numbers for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Having Hawaii as an affiliate football member in the MWC helps NDSU's chances I'd say. It's really hard to see the benefit to the majority of the MWC member schools to add NDSU in all sports but if they get 2 (or even 4 teams) raided by the AAC they could conceivably have one all sports membership open and one football only membership open since that would get them back to 10 all sports members and 12 football members which I think is pretty ideal numbers for both.
    Could be

So many moving parts it’s tough to know. They could try to get the Zags again too, and hard to say what the Shockers decide to do now. Depends on what happens to the AAC I guess. Having non-FB members would also seem to help NDSU.

Hard to imagine they would leak it if talks hadn’t already progressed significantly. It’s not like they need to query the fanbase for meaningful opinion or anything …

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Look I get that you are a ND fan. I actually like ND for the most part but… they are entitled. Blue blood for sure. A great program but seeming always getting the benefit of the doubt. Yes I am absolutely a piece of shit that hates Catholics since I’m Catholic myself… I believe they are entitled and the perception I get from national media and fans alike and you don’t. What I would like to know is why they wouldn’t vote on the expansion? Is it the turmoil going on with realignment? Are they wanting to wait out media money stuff going on with contracts and such? It doesn’t make sense for them to not want an expansion.
    Are you slow, or? The AD said the committee isn't voting on expanding it now. He said nothing about him not favoring expansion.

From my reading, they are ok with expansion, the AD included. They want talent to get diluted a bit because it harms a select few and Notre Dame is not among that few.

Since you are a fellow Catholic, time to do your duty and cheer cheer for old Notre Dame

Edit: they are currently forfeiting money to stay independent. They like that a lot. They also like being on TV in every home in America on basic cable.

They arent hurting for money or student applications. From what I've heard, they'll only join a conference if that's mandatory for playoff access. NBC > (conference payout).
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Atlantic? I think it was in the New Yorker, no?
    Hmmmm, could be. No wait, Athletic! Yeah that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.