Page 398 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498898 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    It is kind of amusing that people think because they are FBS, even in the MWC, that they think NDSU couldn’t last a full season dealing with such a rigorous schedule without depth that apparently we don’t have for that level. Even with adding 22 scholarships.
    Same old bs we've been told for 10 yrs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yeah or we could not let a bunch of idiots on a message board color our judgement on what we think is best for our school…
    I was venting. After all, we're on a message board too.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

I see some NDSU guys blew up the MW board. Figured I’d see if any more factual Bison (animal) facts popped up on their topic and just wow. Think Lakes at pretty much any board involving say Oregon, KState, Iowa, Iowa St.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I just read the thread. Herdbot did an admirable job talking reason with a bunch of dipshits, but they weren't having it. I say F 'em. If MAC or CUSA invite, sure. But otherwise, let's go independent in football. The NCAA can't say no given the Liberty precedent. There is, for a time, national interest in our FBS "upstart" identity. We build our brand as an independent and wait for a decent invite. And when some dumbass from San Diego State who thinks they belong in the PAC 12 (what a joke) says we should invite NDSU, after the MWC is depleted and irrelevant because they chased after Rice and UTEP, we just give them the middle finger.
    Yeah or we could not let a bunch of idiots on a message board color our judgement on what we think is best for our school…
    Yeah I really got sucked into that discussion. I was civil except for the BYU douche bag who said our team was too small and we we would suck for a decade. Then I told him Coastal Carolina has a smaller stadium, had only been FBS for 2 years, got curb stomped by us twice and they couldn't beat them with a 1st round pick at QB.

He didn't have much to say other than Illinois State played us close in the playoffs and we had a 1st round pick

The whole "we couldn't hold up" argument is ridiculous. We would have 22 more full rides and we play a 15-16 game season now. But as I pointed out, the mountain west isn't a physical league other than Wyoming and nobody disputed it.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

So ur saying with their season on the line in a game that really matters against a top 10 team that Norte Dame wouldn’t/couldn’t lose by 21? I mean that’s kind of the perception that they have now. I mean they get the benefit of doubt more so than others not in the SEC.
    And yes I do feel that ND feels entitled, hence why I made the comment about it being their AD making the statement and not voting for an expanded playoff. They want to be in the top 4 outright after beating an over rated USC, a shitty G5, maybe a top 25 service academy, a over rated Texas, beat up on the ACC that hasn’t been very good at all and show up with an undefeated record and expect to get into the top 4 and make some money and then lose by 40. That’s the perception. Cincinnati can do the exact same thing and maybe get to #7 and basically stay there because they are not ND.
    Holy shit this is deranged. I'll have to go point by point because this is batshit.

1. They can absolutely lose to a top 10 team by 21. I've seen it happen before (they literally lost to two of them last year by 21+). They also happened to beat...at least one. Maybe two? Can't recall.

2. Notre Dame doesn't get benefits of doubt in playoff hunts, they get benefitted/hampered... if anywhere... in NY6 bowls. Example: in 2015, the Fiesta Bowl paired them with the defending national champs, Ohio St. because they knew that would get ratings. It's a blessing and a curse that people up here will likely never understand.

3. Notre Dame is a prime example of a school who would want expanded playoffs. Just because the AD said "the committee isn't going to recommend expanding right now" does not mean Notre Dame doesn't want it to expand. I believe the AD is on the record somewhere that he is in favor of expansion.

4. I can't remember the last time they played a ranked service academy. Im sure Navy or Air Force periodically squeak in.. They play Navy annually because Navy did them a favor during WW2 to keep the doors open on the university. They do play Army and Air Force on occasion I guess? But those games neither break nor make a Notre Dame good season so that is null. That's like saying "oh SDSU played a shitty team. They are nobodies." Bruh...look at the schedule lol.

5. You are so lucky! They literally play Cincy this year! Holy shit! Maybe Cincy will beat an average/down ND! And...USC has been average/top 25 for about a decade. ND doesn't get huge points for beating them.

6. You are objectively, a piece of shit. I can't imagine being so butthurt over a random school in a different timezone. This tells me one of two things, you either have some goofy hatred for Catholics (common) or you are jealous that they get the Yankees treatment that NDSU will never get. If Notre Dame is good... its news. If they are bad, it's news. If they are mediocre, its news.

I get it... it hurts. One day, hopefully before you die... you'll come to terms that life isn't fair.

You seem like the guy who said for years "oh if Notre Dame had to play in a conference they'd be nobodies!" Then, they went to play in a conference and made the playoff anyway. I get it...that hurt. You'll be fine... in time and with enough therapy.

7. If it makes you feel better, this year they don't look very good. Well, they do.... other than the offensive line.... which is surprisingly terrible. They'll probably go 8-4 or 9-3... something like that this year.

Unless something big changes, this year they look like a solid team who is "a year away" from being pretty good.
    So don't worry, you'll be able to jerk off all you want to Notre Dame missing the playoff this year.... just like they (and almost every school) normally do lmaooo.
    Last edited by ByeSonBusiness; 09-24-2021 at 06:51 AM.
    College of Business Alumnus

Another point we really need to get across is the actual size of our media market.

NDSU is is #114. Its just behind places like Eugene, Lincoln, Fort Wayne and Tallahassee. And we're growing rapidly.

But we are the biggest team in the entire state which had numerous media markets like Bismarck/Minot and a majority of our alumni are from Minnesota. Our TV Network covers big parts of Minnesota. Our radio network goes from eastern Montana and ends in Minneapolis for a reason. We have affiliates all along I94 including St Cloud and Minneapolis

We're so big in Minnesota we drew 35k at Target Field vs a no name team

We're paid guarantees to play a game at US Bank Stadium and have zero financial risk in that game

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Another point we really need to get across is the actual size of our media market.

NDSU is is #114. Its just behind places like Eugene, Lincoln, Fort Wayne and Tallahassee. And we're growing rapidly.

But we are the biggest team in the entire state which had numerous media markets like Bismarck/Minot and a majority of our alumni are from Minnesota. Our TV Network covers big parts of Minnesota. Our radio network goes from eastern Montana and ends in Minneapolis for a reason. We have affiliates all along I94 including St Cloud and Minneapolis

We're so big in Minnesota we drew 35k at Target Field vs a no name team

We're paid guarantees to play a game at US Bank Stadium and have zero financial risk in that game
    The problem with that thinking is it's not Lincoln... its a few million in Nebraska. It's not Eugene... it's the millions within Oregon. And it's not Tallahasse.. it's the millions in Florida.

I get the point... but you chose three college towns that have a population outside of the college town to support. We aren't remotely comparable to any of those. Fargo IS the (mostly) population that NDSU relies on.
    College of Business Alumnus

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Holy shit this is deranged. I'll have to go point by point because this is batshit.

1. They can absolutely lose to a top 10 team by 21. I've seen it happen before (they literally lost to two of them last year by 21+). They also happened to beat...at least one. Maybe two? Can't recall.

2. Notre Dame doesn't get benefits of doubt in playoff hunts, they get benefitted/hampered... if anywhere... in NY6 bowls. Example: in 2015, the Fiesta Bowl paired them with the defending national champs, Ohio St. because they knew that would get ratings. It's a blessing and a curse that people up here will likely never understand.

3. Notre Dame is a prime example of a school who would want expanded playoffs. Just because the AD said "the committee isn't going to recommend expanding right now" does not mean Notre Dame doesn't want it to expand. I believe the AD is on the record somewhere that he is in favor of expansion.

4. I can't remember the last time they played a ranked service academy. Im sure Navy or Air Force periodically squeak in.. They play Navy annually because Navy did them a favor during WW2 to keep the doors open on the university. They do play Army and Air Force on occasion I guess? But those games neither break nor make a Notre Dame good season so that is null. That's like saying "oh SDSU played a shitty team. They are nobodies." Bruh...look at the schedule lol.

5. You are so lucky! They literally play Cincy this year! Holy shit! Maybe Cincy will beat an average/down ND! And...USC has been average/top 25 for about a decade. ND doesn't get huge points for beating them.

6. You are objectively, a piece of shit. I can't imagine being so butthurt over a random school in a different timezone. This tells me one of two things, you either have some goofy hatred for Catholics (common) or you are jealous that they get the Yankees treatment that NDSU will never get. If Notre Dame is good... its news. If they are bad, it's news. If they are mediocre, its news.

I get it... it hurts. One day, hopefully before you die... you'll come to terms that life isn't fair.

You seem like the guy who said for years "oh if Notre Dame had to play in a conference they'd be nobodies!" Then, they went to play in a conference and made the playoff anyway. I get it...that hurt. You'll be fine... in time and with enough therapy.

7. If it makes you feel better, this year they don't look very good. Well, they do.... other than the offensive line.... which is surprisingly terrible. They'll probably go 8-4 or 9-3... something like that this year.

Unless something big changes, this year they look like a solid team who is "a year away" from being pretty good.
    So don't worry, you'll be able to jerk off all you want to Notre Dame missing the playoff this year.... just like they (and almost every school) normally do lmaooo.
    Look I get that you are a ND fan. I actually like ND for the most part but… they are entitled. Blue blood for sure. A great program but seeming always getting the benefit of the doubt. Yes I am absolutely a piece of shit that hates Catholics since I’m Catholic myself… I believe they are entitled and the perception I get from national media and fans alike and you don’t. What I would like to know is why they wouldn’t vote on the expansion? Is it the turmoil going on with realignment? Are they wanting to wait out media money stuff going on with contracts and such? It doesn’t make sense for them to not want an expansion.
    Last edited by 23Bison; 09-24-2021 at 12:57 PM.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

yea Wisc vs Notre Dame sat & I am rooting for a Tie

The MWC board has been dominated by 5-6 posters for years now. they think they are the SEC of the west. bahahaha

once you show them video/pictures and NFL players of NDSU then they get it.

NDSU in all sports to Mountain West would catapult this university .
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yea Wisc vs Notre Dame sat & I am rooting for a Tie

The MWC board has been dominated by 5-6 posters for years now. they think they are the SEC of the west. bahahaha

once you show them video/pictures and NFL players of NDSU then they get it.

NDSU in all sports to Mountain West would catapult this university .
    In all seriousness, all sports to the Mountain West would be incredible for our athletic department and definitely for the branding of the school.

It would take something crazy to happen though and would only be remotely possible if SDSU came with.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

In all seriousness, all sports to the Mountain West would be incredible for our athletic department and definitely for the branding of the school.

It would take something crazy to happen though and would only be remotely possible if SDSU came with.
    DONT NEED SDSU FOR ANYTHING or any of these pud schools around here.
    They can have a Super Bowl game against us in Basketball/Volleyball etc every year or so.

A flight from Denver to Fargo or Vegas to Fargo daily is all we need for the all sports teams to fly in. big deal.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?