Page 393 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403443493893 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Lol uhh how much do you think Bell is paying? Honest question
    How much are they paying? Probably a few million.
    How much does he think they are? Clearly $280 million.
    Last edited by abc123; 09-22-2021 at 01:06 PM.

Google "North Dakota State FBS." The first result (from*Bison Report): "The Question That Never Goes Away." The second result (from*Saturday Blitz): "Should North Dakota State football start looking at transition to FBS?" The fourth result asks a similar question, as do the sixth, eighth and ninth results.

Musings of a potential North Dakota State FBS jump won't stop until the Bison actually make the jump or stop dominating the FCS. And because their reign atop the FCS world doesn't appear to be ending anytime soon, the musings won't stop anytime soon. Should those musings include the Mountain West?

“We are in a league where to be blunt, I don’t know if it’s the route maybe we should go,” Air Force head coach Troy Calhoun*said*two weeks ago. "…I*just don’t know if it’s really a match. I don’t know if it’s best."

If Air Force bails and the Mountain West wants to remain at 12 members, might they consider North Dakota State?

Absolutely they should
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Google "North Dakota State FBS." The first result (from*Bison Report): "The Question That Never Goes Away." The second result (from*Saturday Blitz): "Should North Dakota State football start looking at transition to FBS?" The fourth result asks a similar question, as do the sixth, eighth and ninth results.

Musings of a potential North Dakota State FBS jump won't stop until the Bison actually make the jump or stop dominating the FCS. And because their reign atop the FCS world doesn't appear to be ending anytime soon, the musings won't stop anytime soon. Should those musings include the Mountain West?

“We are in a league where to be blunt, I don’t know if it’s the route maybe we should go,” Air Force head coach Troy Calhoun*said*two weeks ago. "…I*just don’t know if it’s really a match. I don’t know if it’s best."

If Air Force bails and the Mountain West wants to remain at 12 members, might they consider North Dakota State?

Absolutely they should
    Are you surprised that when you use a search engine to find articles about NDSU going FBS that articles about NDSU going FBS show up?

If I go on Westlaw or LexisNexis and search "dog /s bite" I'll get cases from North Dakota about dog bites.
    College of Business Alumnus

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Are you surprised that when you use a search engine to find articles about NDSU going FBS that articles about NDSU going FBS show up?

If I go on Westlaw or LexisNexis and search "dog /s bite" I'll get cases from North Dakota about dog bites.
    I just searched grand forks bail bonds.

Lardsin must go!

Most FBS schools are hesitant to go up against NDSU because they know they might lose

https://sportsenthusiasts.net/2021/0...-fbs-argument/

a very in depth article with lot of focus on travel costs mainly.
    but overall NDSU should be FBS instead of trophy chasing & Bison fatigue setting in locally

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I just searched grand forks bail bonds.
    Avoid the bathroom at Joe Black's. Would hate to hear you get nabbed for possession of cocaine or methamphetamine.
    College of Business Alumnus

Salt Lake City’s take on on Mountain West - Utah State situation

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.des...est-conference

The new news part of the article:

What does it all mean for the Aggies?

If the MWC does lose teams, geographically speaking the conferences that would make most sense to look at for new members would be Conference USA (the conference has four schools in Texas, including UTSA, UTEP, Rice and North Texas) or the Big Sky at the FCS level, with independent New Mexico State another option.
    Still no mention of NDSU, but hey, at least the Deseret thought of the Big Sky Conference - geographically speaking - but thought of 4 Texas schools 1st.

Makes me with wonder if Idaho would like another bite of that FBS Apple?
    With Boise State hoping to leave for the Big 12, there isn’t anyone to veto Idaho.

Most FBS schools are hesitant to go up against NDSU because they know they might lose

https://sportsenthusiasts.net/2021/0...-fbs-argument/

a very in depth article with lot of focus on travel costs mainly.
    but overall NDSU should be FBS instead of trophy chasing & Bison fatigue setting in locally
    LOLOL That article actually ends with this statement:
    North Dakota State is far better off maintaining the status quo and remaining in the MVFC. For the Bison, being a shark amongst minnows is a far better option than attempting to become a minnow with the faint hopes of one day becoming a shark.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    LOLOL That article actually ends with this statement:
    well yea, they are probably pussies as well.

Its far beyond TIME> NDSU had 2013 and college gameday and an OIL BOOM all happening at once NDSU is moronic for not seizing on that opportunity!

well yea, they are probably pussies as well.

Its far beyond TIME> NDSU had 2013 and college gameday and an OIL BOOM all happening at once NDSU is moronic for not seizing on that opportunity!
    Links???
    Can you show us where this opportunity was from 2013 on?
    Can you show us where any FBS conference, especially the Mountain West, had any interest in adding NDSU from 2013 on?

As always, extra extra credit for links including Mountain West Officials,
    MW member school AD’s or Presidents or Head Coaches, or at a minimum
    MW beat writers……