Page 389 of 427 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 4263

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

  1. #3881

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Got shut up in the other thread so you come over here to start spouting disinformation? NDSU’s current media rights deal is worth $22M over 10 years. I trust you can rub enough brain cells together to do the math. As impressive as this is, it would still go up significantly if NDSU were to go to the FBS.

    Next straw man argument…?
    Big difference between 2.2 million and 7 million a year. Over night NDSU is worth 4.8 million more?

  2. #3882
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    2,706

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Big difference between 2.2 million and 7 million a year. Over night NDSU is worth 4.8 million more?
    Year one, probably not. Year 3 or 4 with bowl games, conference championship and wins against P5 programs under our belt? Probably.

    The FBS brand is worth a lot. Right or wrong, it just is. Otherwise you’d see teams like UMass or WKU or Old Dominion dropping back down to FCS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one week later*


  3. #3883
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    16,588

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Year one, probably not. Year 3 or 4 with bowl games, conference championship and wins against P5 programs under our belt? Probably.

    The FBS brand is worth a lot. Right or wrong, it just is. Otherwise you’d see teams like UMass or WKU or Old Dominion dropping back down to FCS.
    They don’t drop back down because the FBS brand is worth a lot to the administrators not because the brand is worth a lot to the University.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

    We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

  4. #3884
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    2,706

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    They don’t drop back down because the FBS brand is worth a lot to the administrators not because the brand is worth a lot to the University.
    Why is it worth a lot to the administrators? Because they’d be fired if they moved their programs back down? Doesn’t that make it important to the university if they’re willing to fire their president and AD over it?

    I’m not saying it’s justified, but the FBS brand is very important: for media rights, alumni involvement and school prestige. Some of those benefits are warranted, many are not. But it’s the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one week later*


  5. #3885
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    22,187
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Why is it worth a lot to the administrators? Because they’d be fired if they moved their programs back down? Doesn’t that make it important to the university if they’re willing to fire their president and AD over it?

    I’m not saying it’s justified, but the FBS brand is very important: for media rights, alumni involvement and school prestige. Some of those benefits are warranted, many are not. But it’s the way it is.
    Their salaries. FBS ADs and coaches get paid more.

  6. #3886
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    2,706

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Their salaries. FBS ADs and coaches get paid more.
    So the only reason those schools are FBS is because the ADs are on a power trip about their salaries?

    Don’t really think so but even then, why do they get paid more? Because the schools place value on being FBS?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one week later*


  7. #3887
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Turtle Mountains
    Posts
    2,687
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Their salaries. FBS ADs and coaches get paid more.
    Maybe someone should tell ADML about the pay increase. Maybe the coaching staff should point that out to ADML.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

  8. #3888
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    22,187
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    So the only reason those schools are FBS is because the ADs are on a power trip about their salaries?

    Even if so, why do they get paid more?
    Probably not the sole reason but it is a rather large incentive for the senior AD staff.

    Why? Because FBS is big time baby!

  9. #3889

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Year one, probably not. Year 3 or 4 with bowl games, conference championship and wins against P5 programs under our belt? Probably.

    The FBS brand is worth a lot. Right or wrong, it just is. Otherwise you’d see teams like UMass or WKU or Old Dominion dropping back down to FCS.
    I just don’t get it I guess. You guys get my hopes up for FBS but it never happens. There has got to be reason why NDSU hasn’t gotten an invite. Matt Larson and Entz would get big raises to go to FBS so why haven’t they pushed for it. Do we think donations won’t be enough? Is enrollment not big enough?

  10. #3890
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    2,706

    Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

    Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    I just don’t get it I guess. You guys get my hopes up for FBS but it never happens. There has got to be reason why NDSU hasn’t gotten an invite. Matt Larson and Entz would get big raises to go to FBS so why haven’t they pushed for it. Do we think donations won’t be enough? Is enrollment not big enough?
    There needs to be a catalyst for them to extend an invite. Something needs to happen where they want more members. The point of this entire thread is about us positioning for when that happens. Nobody expects the MW to kick out Boise and replace with us because we’re better than everyone they currently have. We’d just need to be the best option available when they are looking. Thats the idea, always has been.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one week later*


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •