Page 382 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482882 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well even if keeping the redundant schools open didn't help the outstate districts, it takes money away from NDSU so they'd keep them open anyways. To Audit's point.

Further to his point, I wonder if the Bresciani situation changes anything with the University's prerogative to piss off (or not piss off) the SBOHE. Not like we have a president they can fire at this point, but we may be hamstrung from defending ourselves if they pull some sheister move and reduce our funding if we were to get uppity and want better for ourselves.
    But we have to remember there are plenty of NDSU fans (not just of football, but of the university) across the state. We are the extension university. The NDSU logo is on a sign and on an office door somewhere in every county of North Dakota. We have leverage. The people of North Dakota want NDSU to be successful, regardless of what a couple dipshits from Minot think.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    But we have to remember there are plenty of NDSU fans (not just of football, but of the university) across the state. We are the extension university. The NDSU logo is on a sign and on an office door somewhere in every county of North Dakota. We have leverage. The people of North Dakota want NDSU to be successful, regardless of what a couple dipshits from Minot think.
    Yeah, and how has that worked for us so far? Reality is, NDSU is in a county that a strong majority outside of that county dislike. Not trying to start a wild ND political tangent, but that's the reality.

It's not supposed to make sense, it's radical politics. Help from the state is not coming and likely never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Yeah, and how has that worked for us so far? Reality is, NDSU is in a county that a strong majority outside of that county dislike. Not trying to start a wild ND political tangent, but that's the reality.

It's not supposed to make sense, it's radical politics. Help from the state is not coming and likely never will.
    Maybe not help from the state, but the university can make some decisions rooted in what's best for the university and should have some pull to defend those decisions. For the record, imperial Cass County probably deserves some of the resentment it receives from other parts of the state (and I live in Cass County). But NDSU belongs to the entire state and, unlike UND or any other university, it has a literal footprint in every county of North Dakota.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Maybe not help from the state, but the university can make some decisions rooted in what's best for the university and should have some pull to defend those decisions. For the record, imperial Cass County probably deserves some of the resentment it receives from other parts of the state (and I live in Cass County). But NDSU belongs to the entire state and, unlike UND or any other university, it has a literal footprint in every county of North Dakota.
    I’m not going to say I get my info from unbiased sources but it seems to me that every time NDSU has tried to do something in its best interest in 15 years it gets pushback from Bismarck. You’re right, and in principal it’s the people’s university, but that doesn’t have much currency in the capitol.

And if “decide what’s best for the university” means going FBS, I can imagine many outside cass (aka: the voting majority in a majority of districts outside cass) are not going to like it.

I still think we go FBS. Because fuck them, that’s why.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I’m not going to say I get my info from unbiased sources but it seems to me that every time NDSU has tried to do something in its best interest in 15 years it gets pushback from Bismarck. You’re right, and in principal it’s the people’s university, but that doesn’t have much currency in the capitol.

And if “decide what’s best for the university” means going FBS, I can imagine many outside cass (aka: the voting majority in a majority of districts outside cass) are not going to like it.

I still think we go FBS. Because fuck them, that’s why.
    I'm good with this. It's a wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    NDSU recruits way less three star recruits than most G5 teams, not saying our recruits are not talented but they are not as top rated. Just because we steal a couple recruits from P5 teams doesn’t mean we out recruit G5 /P5 teams as a whole. This isn’t a slam dunk like you assume it will be.

At least you are not as crazy to think we are to get a NY6 bowl with USC……
    again, if we were FBS that all changes, what the fuck don't you understand about that? We are getting 3 star kids regularly as an FCS, if we were FBS we would definitely be able to regularly pull our current top recruits all the time and at more positions. The C is holding us back nothing else, not Facilities, Fargo, the country side or any other things you can come up with
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    if NDSU was FBS last 3 years we could've easily plucked Goedert, Weineke & ankle ripper.. and Cubbys.. could've seen that bar right across from.Chubs Pub
    dude if we had offered Dallas we would have got him...but seems like NDSU turned out ok as we did win a NC 4 years of his career and he didnt....
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    dude if we had offered Dallas we would have got him...but seems like NDSU turned out ok as we did win a NC 4 years of his career and he didnt....
    High boom or bust potential. Happy it worked out for him and he's collecting an NFL paycheck. Ankle twister is a cheap shot puke.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    High boom or bust potential. Happy it worked out for him and he's collecting an NFL paycheck. Ankle twister is a cheap shot puke.
    Travis Beck vs Dallas Goedert in a bar fight. pick your fighter.

I think we did alright

Recruiting would BOOM if NDSU went FBS. pulling Minn/Wisc top 10 kids & reaching into Arizona/Texas/Florida more
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...college-sports

"The Knight Commission also presented to the constitutional committee its proposal for a new governing entity for the sport of FBS football, one separate from the NCAA."

Working with the NCAA-reform committee it appears.

So I guess the $20M question becomes (per Bruin's post the other say): how many current G5 FB programs would bolt back to FCS if FBS became formally unaffiliated with the NCAA? P5 will piss and moan but at the end of they day they will follow the $$ and leave.

Then there's this: https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...n-realignment/

Dodd claiming AAC will poach MWC bigtime ....
    Last edited by WhoRepsTheLurker; 09-16-2021 at 07:09 PM.