Page 376 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426476876 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

I can’t believe this is even a discussion as to who we would you rather play and where those teams are. Obviously the MWC school are way more attractive than who we play in the Valley.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

We need to find a way to make this happen. Just tell me my share.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This ^

Mountain West: Nevada, San Diego State, Fresno, San Jose, Hawaii, UNLV, Utah State, Wyoming, New Mexico, Air Force, Colorado State.

What would be the worst home or road game every other year. Would it be UNLV who happens to play in Allegiant Stadium and is in Las Vegas? (and we have direct flights out of Fargo) or any of the 3 California Schools? Maybe Hawaii. Road trips through the mountains.

Nobody would rather see Misery State, Western Illinois, South Dakota, and Indiana State every 2 years instead of...

Air Force, Colorado State, San Diego State, and Wyoming.

It's not even close. So we lose the playoffs. The first 2 playoff games have been cupcake teams and fans aren't even selling them out unless it's vs a good team.

Mountain West Championship Game is in Arlington Texas

Bowl GAME

Let's do it.
    You think they would go 14 schools. NDSU would make 12. It would be nice for the division NDSU would be in because Hawaii road game would only be every 4 years with 14 schools. An 8 game conference schedule would only have one crossover game a year. The Bison could also be back on the b10 ooc schedules.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    All that will be left resembling anything of respectable program will be the Montanas and SDSU (still doesn't get great fan support). We will die a slow death staying at the 3rd tier of college football. Flame away if you want, but I would open my check book more if NDSU announced they were moving up. And I'm not even an alum.
    I'm really starting to believe the slow death part. I truly believe we will see support and attendance wane over the next 5 years if even one of the other top tier FCS schools goes FBS in the next 1-2 years and NDSU doesn't.

I don't think it would AS bad if no FCS teams move up but it will still cause a slow drop in interest or passion over a short time.

I think about the last 3-4 years, not counting the spring, and how many people in my section sell their seats to essentially every single home game.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’m willing to use my small business to help fund an FBS move!!! Just let me warm up the checkbook quick.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Gawd I hate the FCS (DII). It sure as fuck isn't the old DI-AA. I don't donate much, but like others have said, I would donate a lot more if we move up. I think a lot of people would donate until it hurts.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Gawd I hate the FCS (DII). It sure as fuck isn't the old DI-AA. I don't donate much, but like others have said, I would donate a lot more if we move up. I think a lot of people would donate until it hurts.
    We also heard that if we had more tickets people would snap them up. But 3-4 years ago they opened up a section and had a hard time selling them. Why? Because
    the so called super fans who had been crying for tickets didnt want to pay what it cost to sit there.

There is always a lot of big talk until it comes time to pay the bill.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    We also heard that if we had more tickets people would snap them up. But 3-4 years ago they opened up a section and had a hard time selling them. Why? Because
    the so called super fans who had been crying for tickets didnt want to pay what it cost to sit there.

And how hard is it to sell tickets throughout the entire stadium now? It's getting worse every year lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

I'm sure that is true. But it's also true that things have gotten stale and from what I understand, prices have gone up pretty steeply?

Tough to justify paying money to watch NDSU kick people's teeth in every week when the perception is that these teams don't belong on the same field as NDSU.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    And how hard is it to sell tickets throughout the entire stadium now? It's getting worse every year lol
    A lot has happened over the last two years. Its had a great impact. Nothing goes up forever.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."