Page 375 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475875 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The “meaningless bowl game” argument is such a sneaky straw man setup. If we stay FCS, we get to play for championships. If we move up to FBS we now have to automatically assume we are worse and go 7-5 every year? As has been noted for almost a decade now, the MAC and MW are slight steps up from the MVFC. And increase in level of play is probably less than the benefits we see from increased recruiting and additional scholarships. The argument just doesn’t make sense to me.

The other thing that I don’t think gets talked about enough is this: I think a reason you see a disproportionate chunk of the younger generation wanting to move up is because we aren’t thinking about just the next 5 years. We didn’t move to FCS because we’d have the ability to compete day one (although we did). It was supposed to be a long term investment to put us with schools that better fit our size, mission, athletic and academic commitment. At this point, NDSU has outgrown FCS and it’s very obvious.

We are the major land grand institution, with at this point the highest endowment, in a state flush with cash. We are high-research, have high quality academics and a ton of alumni involvement. Let’s start acting like it and see where FBS takes us.
    This ^

Mountain West: Nevada, San Diego State, Fresno, San Jose, Hawaii, UNLV, Utah State, Wyoming, New Mexico, Air Force, Colorado State.

What would be the worst home or road game every other year. Would it be UNLV who happens to play in Allegiant Stadium and is in Las Vegas? (and we have direct flights out of Fargo) or any of the 3 California Schools? Maybe Hawaii. Road trips through the mountains.

Nobody would rather see Misery State, Western Illinois, South Dakota, and Indiana State every 2 years instead of...

Air Force, Colorado State, San Diego State, and Wyoming.

It's not even close. So we lose the playoffs. The first 2 playoff games have been cupcake teams and fans aren't even selling them out unless it's vs a good team.

Mountain West Championship Game is in Arlington Texas

Bowl GAME

Let's do it.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I really hope something happens. I would really hate to see NDSU left in the dust during this session of realignment.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    I really hope something happens. I would really hate to see NDSU left in the dust during this session of realignment.
    You and me both sister.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Works for me now convince ADML and admin to show the leg.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    It would really suck and I can’t begin to explain how much it would suck.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

–*Famous Idaho Potato Bowl*vs. MAC
    –* LA*Bowl*vs. Pac-12
    –*New Mexico Bowl*vs. Conference USA
    –*Offerpad Arizona Bowl*vs. MAC
    –*SoFi Hawai’i Bowl*vs. American Athletic

ALL OF THOSE WARMER & BETTER THAN FRISCO.
    hell even Potato Bowl is fun because 20,000 Boise St fans come and party with the teams
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    –* LA*Bowl*vs. Pac-12

hell even Potato Bowl is fun because 20,000 Boise St fans come and party with the teams
    Stop it Chapo. You're not helping. Toilet bowls aren't exciting about moving up. I'm sure almost all hope a move up would also involve bringing a true national championship tournament to the G5 level.

If JMU is gone...to me winning the FCS title is on the same level of whatever shitty bowl you want to mention. The FCS is a trash heap and we need to leave it behind.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

All that will be left resembling anything of respectable program will be the Montanas and SDSU (still doesn't get great fan support). We will die a slow death staying at the 3rd tier of college football. Flame away if you want, but I would open my check book more if NDSU announced they were moving up. And I'm not even an alum.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    –* LA*Bowl*vs. Pac-12

Frisco is awesome but I think beating a Pac 12 team in the Rams stadium would be cool AF.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com