Page 370 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470870 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    They'd like to add Gonzaga (with no football). We could be football only.
    Big difference adding Gonzaga to your basketball conference than adding NDSU to your G5 conference…… Football only would be a no brainer but I don’t see it happening

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The Mountain West is weak. Remove Boise and 3 or 4 Missouri Valley teams would win that Conference
    Lol no they wouldn’t. One probably would and another would have a chance. UNI could finish in the top half.

Up until two years ago you could say the MVFC is weak if you take out NDSU
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The Mountain West is weak. Remove Boise and 3 or 4 Missouri Valley teams would win that Conference
    The whole "mvfc would roll (insert fbs conference here)" thing is always overblown.
    College of Business Alumnus

Bison 1660 talking about who our rival would be in the MW. Id say obviously Wyoming, play them in the annual “Craig Bowl” for a bust of Craig’s face.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

[QUOTE=NDSU92;1519549]Lol no they wouldn’t. One probably would and another would have a chance. UNI could finish in the top half.

Up until two years ago you could say the MVFC is weak if you take out NDSU[/QUOTE]

Sure, to the extent that you can say anything that you want. Trouble is this statement is manifestly untrue.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

[QUOTE=bisonaudit;1519556]
    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Lol no they wouldn’t. One probably would and another would have a chance. UNI could finish in the top half.

Up until two years ago you could say the MVFC is weak if you take out NDSU[/QUOTE]

Sure, to the extent that you can say anything that you want. Trouble is this statement is manifestly untrue.
    I more so meant compared to the MW. The statement was the MW is weak and that the MVFC is strong. You can’t take out Boise without taking out NDSU. In that case the MW runs roughshod over the MVFC.

The whole “take away the best team” argument against a conference hardly ever makes much sense. No conference is remotely as strong if the best team is taken out.

Same thing happens all the time when people talk about the Summit vs. MVC.
    *one day later*

Ducks takin it to the Ohio nuts.

I was told NDSU admin may actually try & do something about FBS & all these alignments...but I won't hold my breath ... probably just lip service
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I was told NDSU admin may actually try & do something about FBS & all these alignments...but I won't hold my breath ... probably just lip service
    That's encouraging. You were told from someone in the know?
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

I mean... there isn't going to be a ton more realignment... is there? If not now, when?
    College of Business Alumnus