Page 361 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461861 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...lege-athletics

What can they actually do? What power does the NCAA have to force real change? That moment passed long ago, IMO.

Seems to me it’s only as much change as the collective presidents want, and how many FCS schools will vote to go back to D2? In the same vein, how many G5 schools will vote to go back to FCS?

The only thing they can really do is formally kick FBS football out, and everyone knows that’s coming. I don’t think that will sway any G5 schools right now. The P5 would really have to kick them in the teeth, and I just don’t see that happening.

Just like I think the Big12 isn’t going anywhere, I think people are reading too much into this.

For example - "Two weeks ago, Emmert made headlines when he said it was time to consider a decentralized and deregulated version of college sports that shifted power to conferences and campuses and away from the NCAA. The idea is a sea change for an organization formed 115 years ago that is part of the bedrock of collegiate athletics."

Where Emmert has real power is the FCS. I could see a split into Spring and Fall (de facto “Big-Boy”) FCS subdivisions with independent championships.

This would solve the problem of always adding teams and nobody ever leaving, as well as other more timely issues. A school like Idaho – for example – would leave their other sports in the Big Sky and join (more academic focused?) CA schools in a new Western Spring FCS conference.

The Montana schools would obviously play in the fall (and for all you folks you keep bringing up the Montana’s to FBS, they opted out of spring because they don’t have IPFs, ffs. NDSU is building one that is P5 quality. That’s your line, right there. You just refuse to see it).

In 2019 the Mountain West season ended on Nov 30th and the conference championship game was December 7th.
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    for the last time.

FBS never plays past Nov 28th. And Conference may put NDSU on the road that last week every year to avoid cold.
    So Nov 21 is worst/last day we could play outside , we'd be just fine.

Also, the travel bullshit worry. NDSU to Youngstown, Missouri, Indiana is same as Laramie, Denver, . big deal
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    In 2019 the Mountain West season ended on Nov 30th and the conference championship game was December 7th.
    ok so last NDSU home game Nov 23. (last game on road always)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

NDSU to BIG 12 !!

how'd we miss this last week

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/what-w...oma-and-texas/

even the map with NDSU!!

NDSU to BIG 12 !!

how'd we miss this last week

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/what-w...oma-and-texas/

even the map with NDSU!!
    As much as I'd love this, I'm guessing we both agree it is highly unlikely. Had we been FBS for the past 3-4 years like we should have been, then I think it's possible we would get plucked by the Big 12. I don't see them taking us from FCS though.

Sadly, I still think we may well be too late. We've all (myself included) been in an excited lather over Matt Larson saying that we're in good position to go FBS--thus finally publicly signaling a potential interest in doing so. But that ship may have left port already. FBS conferences are trying to figure out who to raid to make themselves stronger. There's almost zero conversation about FCS pull-ups. We're not really in a position of strength, in the current context, to lobby for an invitation from someone. We should, of course, try. But it is probably a tougher sales pitch now than it has ever been.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Opportunities like this are going to be missed because NDSU didn't jump up in 2013.
    Best team in NDSU history with Carson Wentz just beginning... man. this sucks.

we gotta hope Boise St gets picked up & MWC needs us.

Opportunities like this are going to be missed because NDSU didn't jump up in 2013.
    Best team in NDSU history with Carson Wentz just beginning... man. this sucks.

we gotta hope Boise St gets picked up & MWC needs us.
    What conference offered in 2013?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

that's when the FULL COURT PRESS by NDSU admin and Media shouldve happened.
    HUGE missed opportunity.
    We'd be succeeding in the MWC and easily ready for the BIG 12 opening in 2022 !

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

College of Business Alumnus