Page 352 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452852 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 13496

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

if MWC loses Boise
    if AAC loses Cinci or Houston

NDSU Ned's to be ready to make a sales pitch!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    if MWC loses Boise

No point in moving into a different conference that will be at the same level as the MVFC.

On another note there are still people who believe the G5 could get in the playoff. It’s sad how gullible people really are. This is the final straw to the power conferences leaving the NCAA. And the G5’s won’t be invited

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    No point in moving into a different conference that will be at the same level as the MVFC.

On another note there are still people who believe the G5 could get in the playoff. It’s sad how gullible people really are. This is the final straw to the power conferences leaving the NCAA. And the G5’s won’t be invited
    I'll take that bet about the G5 invite
    Same as MVFC? wut? wiu, indy st, und, usd misery st, pud pud pud
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post

AAC>MWC>>MVFC

This opens the door finally for the leap to the FBS, but will NDSU be at the top of their list? Will NDSUs geographic location be the deal breaker for a conference invite?

if MWC loses Boise

Better have that resume polished up and ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    AAC>MWC>>MVFC

This opens the door finally for the leap to the FBS, but will NDSU be at the top of their list? Will NDSUs geographic location be the deal breaker for a conference invite?
    Geographical location is slowly becoming non issue, its a matter of will and means imo for the G5
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I'll take that bet about the G5 invite
    Same as MVFC? wut? wiu, indy st, und, usd misery st, pud pud pud
    So we are clear, you believe the power conferences will leave the NCAA and bring with them the dead weight that is the G5? I’ll bet whatever you wanna bet

I have no idea what will happen but if the P5 went off and did their own thing, I would still want NDSU to join a G5 conference. I think P5s would still play G5s in that scenario, they just wouldn't be competing for the same national championship. NDSU would be at the 2nd level of football but would have a more interesting schedule.

I think that would be good.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I have no idea what will happen but if the P5 went off and did their own thing, I would still want NDSU to join a G5 conference. I think P5s would still play G5s in that scenario, they just wouldn't be competing for the same national championship. NDSU would be at the 2nd level of football but would have a more interesting schedule.

Agree 100%.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post

In that scenario I agree 100%. I just don’t see why the power conferences would leave the NCAA and then still play NCAA teams. It doesn’t make sense. This is about money and they make more money not playing G5 teams.
    I also don’t see how that 2nd tier could survive with 85 scholarships. If the P5 pay days go away and the TV revenue goes down most G5 schools won’t be able to maintain funding that many scholarships

The only hold up I see is the future game contracts but they can be bought out. Maybe they don’t cancel them all right away but they will be fazed out IMO