Page 351 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451851 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

https://twitter.com/kbohls/status/1418553992691466245

Prominent Big 12 source tells the American-Statesman the Texas-OU move to the SEC is almost done. "They've been working on this for a minimum of 6 months, and the A&M leadership was left out of discussions and wasn't told about it." Move could become official in a week.

I thought conference moves were made by schools and their athletic leadership making it VERY CLEAR to the boosters and the public that they want to move???

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Like he says on "The Karate Kid", Show the leg!!!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

cmon. do something

this could be Brescianis legacy... FBS baby
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

https://www.inforum.com/sports/footb...-come-to-Fargo

Worth a listen … Izzo and MM firmly on the NDSU-to-FBS wagon, and gosh dang it, so am I. Let’s get this train rolling.

How about you Jeff K??

I'll admit this might be the catalyst for the move. I just can't imagine big twelve convincing ADs now that this thing isn't going to implode to some extent

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I'll admit this might be the catalyst for the move. I just can't imagine big twelve convincing ADs now that this thing isn't going to implode to some extent

The Big XII isn’t getting anyone from another p5 but is seems like there isn’t much down side for a lot of g5 teams rolling the dice with them?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The Big XII isn’t getting anyone from another p5 but is seems like there isn’t much down side for a lot of g5 teams rolling the dice with them?
    But you're remaining probably true p5 teams ksu UK osu isu tcu probably going to jump ship too. Pac12 or big10 for some of these. WV will have to go acc or something. There is no way a 8/10 conference team is going to compete. They add 4 teams maybe but better off adding 8 and not sure they can even do 4 that gets anyone excited. They'll need big market teams to help keep the tv money rolling.

https://sports.yahoo.com/with-ou-and...001525168.html

“In conversations with sources around the Big 12, there was a resignation in the past 36 hours that Oklahoma and Texas were gone. The focus has shifted to the unwinding and the amount of money it can wring out of OU and Texas.”

Sounds like the Big 12 doesn't want to dissolve?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/with-ou-and...001525168.html

“In conversations with sources around the Big 12, there was a resignation in the past 36 hours that Oklahoma and Texas were gone. The focus has shifted to the unwinding and the amount of money it can wring out of OU and Texas.”

Sounds like the Big 12 doesn't want to dissolve?
    Is that all that surprising? I think the prophecies of the Big 12's demise are greatly exaggerated at this point. They'll definitely be knocked down a peg in terms of athletic prestige but I'm pretty sure they could replace Texas and OU tomorrow with Houston and Cincinnati and they'd still be a notch above any other league outside of the P4. You could even argue that, in the revenue sports, they'd still be about on par with the Pac 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Is that all that surprising? I think the prophecies of the Big 12's demise are greatly exaggerated at this point. They'll definitely be knocked down a peg in terms of athletic prestige but I'm pretty sure they could replace Texas and OU tomorrow with Houston and Cincinnati and they'd still be a notch above any other league outside of the P4. You could even argue that, in the revenue sports, they'd still be about on par with the Pac 12.
    I agree. Not surprising at all. They’ll get knocked down a peg but I don’t see them waiving the white flag and collapsing into a P4 without a fight. WVU presents an interesting case but adding Cincinnati might appease them. I see the B1G and the ACC as a reach for the Mountaineers.

I could see how some people might start touting the “P4” as the start of the split away from the G5, but I just don’t see it. The G5 are not going to voluntarily leave the table and nobody can force them. FBS as a whole will split from the NCAA. There’s just too much $$ at stake with the expanded playoff.

Fun stuff though. Getting pretty stoked for the FCS/FBS season right around the corner ... Go Bison!!