Page 342 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2422923323403413423433443523924428421342 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    this is bullshit, come on ol pat simmers is gone, you can stop with your charade.

this is fucking bullshit at this point, those couple guys are ACTIVELY HURTING and HINDERING NDSU FOOTBALL at this point by not publicly pursuing a FBS conference
    Your whole narrative is old bullshit. What does Simmers have to do with anything? Charade???? Talk about strawman. LOL

But of of course like most of your narratives its nothing more than uninformed opinion.

Yawn
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

My GASF is at an all time low also. But thats due to no regular season, bullshit spring season and issues with in the program.
    And shitty FCS competition.

I'm telling you, 75% of the fanbase that I KNOW and HEAR FROM are fed up, bored and almost already done. staying Status Quo will kill this fanbase.
    Agree with both of you.

Just look at this season's home games. The only home game I am somewhat excited to go to is Northern Iowa, and that's because it's homecoming more so than because of who we are playing. I think I'll be selling a lot of tickets this fall, and be happy to get face value.

When a die-hard like me is feeling this way, you can bet the average fan cares way, way less.

Do we even give up a TD in our first 3 games of the year? FCS sucks.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post

Agree with both of you.

Just look at this season's home games. The only home game I am somewhat excited to go to is Northern Iowa, and that's because it's homecoming more so than because of who we are playing. I think I'll be selling a lot of tickets this fall, and be happy to get face value.

When a die-hard like me is feeling this way, you can bet the average fan cares way, way less.

exactly RTO
    my point is simmers is gone, where you got your info from.

We are NOT in a good position at NDSU. We stay FCS, complacency has set in. WE don't have an aggressive admin to move up.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

we should thank our lucky stars they are doing 12!!
    Guaranteed 1 G5 Participant.... and possibility of 2 makes this a bonafide no brainer reason to go ALL OUT ON NDSU ADMIN TO GET THIS DONE!

I'm telling you, 75% of the fanbase that I KNOW and HEAR FROM are fed up, bored and almost already done. staying Status Quo will kill this fanbase.
    Are you aware of what an echo chamber is? You may be in one.

I don't disagree there are people who feel the same as you, but I doubt it's 75% of the fans. I would love to see them move to an FBS conference if it makes sense and I think the 12-team playoff is a big change in the incentive to make the move. NDSU has the tradition and resources to possibly be a contender for the 1-2 playoff spots fairly quickly. But fans also need to be prepared to not make it many years as well and be happy with the season ending with the regular season.

The football team become very popular because they were winning championships. If they 8-3 or 9-2 in the MWC or MAC or C-USA playing very good programs and competing for a conference championship most years but only getting into the playoffs once every 5 years (still a great accomplishment), will the demand remain high? I have no idea. There are no guarantees. But I do believe that is the level where Bison athletics belong.

As for whether or not conversations have occurred with these conferences you don't really know and neither do I. I have been involved in several of those conversations at NCAA events so I know how close knit these administrators are. Not just athletic administrators but others as well. I have a very good friend who was the Director of Housing at UNC. He became good friends with Brescani somewhere along the way of their careers and they still stay in touch and chat. The ADs and conference commissioners are a small fraternity and they talk at events and for various other reasons. I would say there is a very good chance Brescani and Larson have had these conversations several times with the people that matter. Just because they didn't share it with you at a lunch doesn't mean it didn't happen. You think you know but you really don't know. And neither does almost everyone on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post

Agree with both of you.

So you're basically saying the fan base is like incredibly spoiled children who need new toys to play with?

Btw, Albany and Towson won't be pushovers.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

I don't disagree there are people who feel the same as you, but I doubt it's 75% of the fans. I would love to see them move to an FBS conference if it makes sense and I think the 12-team playoff is a big change in the incentive to make the move. NDSU has the tradition and resources to possibly be a contender for the 1-2 playoff spots fairly quickly. But fans also need to be prepared to not make it many years as well and be happy with the season ending with the regular season.

The football team become very popular because they were winning championships. If they 8-3 or 9-2 in the MWC or MAC or C-USA playing very good programs and competing for a conference championship most years but only getting into the playoffs once every 5 years (still a great accomplishment), will the demand remain high? I have no idea. There are no guarantees. But I do believe that is the level where Bison athletics belong.

As for whether or not conversations have occurred with these conferences you don't really know and neither do I. I have been involved in several of those conversations at NCAA events so I know how close knit these administrators are. Not just athletic administrators but others as well. I have a very good friend who was the Director of Housing at UNC. He became good friends with Brescani somewhere along the way of their careers and they still stay in touch and chat. The ADs and conference commissioners are a small fraternity and they talk at events and for various other reasons. I would say there is a very good chance Brescani and Larson have had these conversations several times with the people that matter. Just because they didn't share it with you at a lunch doesn't mean it didn't happen. You think you know but you really don't know. And neither does almost everyone on this board.
    I think it could be an incentive for some G5's as well. I could see some of them making a big push at improving their programs.

Yeah, folks would need to learn to adjust their expectations for what a successful regular season looks like.
    College of Business Alumnus

exactly RTO
    my point is simmers is gone, where you got your info from.

We are NOT in a good position at NDSU. We stay FCS, complacency has set in. WE don't have an aggressive admin to move up.
    As usual you dont have a clue.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

I take this line as a swipe at me. I wouldn't expect DB or ML to go into details in response to a question asked by some employee sitting next to him at lunch (DB) or serving on an athletics committee with him (ML). But I don't think they'd outright lie to my face either. Again, I take them at their word. I was disappointed at their message, but I believed them. Which takes more faith?...believing what they say time and again to large groups, small groups, and to individuals one-on-one, or believing you and your insider confidence that ADs see themselves as a fraternity and therefore NDSU has probably approached other schools for an invite?

If there was even a modicum of interest in going FBS, I think they'd say so. Or at the very least, they wouldn't keep going out of their way to explicitly say they are not interested, as has been the case for years.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I take this line as a swipe at me. I wouldn't expect DB or ML to go into details in response to a question asked by some employee sitting next to him at lunch (DB) or serving on an athletics committee with him (ML). But I don't think they'd outright lie to my face either. Again, I take them at their word. I was disappointed at their message, but I believed them. Which takes more faith?...believing what they say time and again to large groups, small groups, and to individuals one-on-one, or believing you and your insider confidence that ADs see themselves as a fraternity and therefore NDSU has probably approached other schools for an invite?

If there was even a modicum of interest in going FBS, I think they'd say so. Or at the very least, they wouldn't keep going out of their way to explicitly say they are not interested, as has been the case for years.
    There’s a big difference between having interest in doing something and being motivated to do it, and when not motivated, interest wanes and or is denied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    So you're basically saying the fan base is like incredibly spoiled children who need new toys to play with?

Btw, Albany and Towson won't be pushovers.
    Sure, pretty much.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.