Page 341 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 2412913313393403413423433513914418411341 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Common sense and I’m not alone. The window will close. In fact, the door will slam shut. I'm even OK with the MAC at this point

I completely disagree with the "geographical island" argument. Geography is actually a plus for NDSU for reasons I keep citing – no G5s for miles and miles. If Boise can talk about joining the American …

I don't think a new super-FCS conference to FBS is at all feasible. Like many others, I think the number of FCS move-ups (if any) will be very small, like count-on-one-hand small ...
    I have not seen even rumors of the move up door slamming shut. I like common sense but if that was case then there should be articles on it stating such rumors? Not saying your wrong that all the sudden they decide to put a limit on it especially if they go to a 12-16 team playoff that could be part of the tradeoff.

I already indicated that the geographical island bit has been eroding like you said so not really an argument there but the G5 conferences are still keeping things "tight".

As age old question though does MAC even entertain NDSU or they just slam the door in our face?

There is always the independents (BYU, Army, NMSU) out there to try to get into that unrealistic "superFCS" conference as well.

Here's one for the Georgia Bulldog fans:

(as always, turn on closed captioning)

Common sense and I’m not alone. The window will close. In fact, the door will slam shut. I'm even OK with the MAC at this point

I completely disagree with the "geographical island" argument. Geography is actually a plus for NDSU for reasons I keep citing – no G5s for miles and miles. If Boise can talk about joining the American …

I don't think a new super-FCS conference to FBS is at all feasible. Like many others, I think the number of FCS move-ups (if any) will be very small, like count-on-one-hand small ...
    I'm failing to understand this metaphorical window. What other recent FBS move ups have done so at the peak of their success as an FCS school? I think Marshall did in the late 90s but more recently than that there isn't one that I can find or recall. App St won titles from 2005-2007 but didn't move up until 2013/2014. Georgia Southern's last title was in 2000 and they also moved up in 2013/2014. Coastal Carolina never made it past the FCS quarters and lost their first playoff game their final year in the FCS in 2015.

Even if NDSU football's success tails off (which is bound to happen to a certain extent) they're not going to descend into an FCS doormat and potential FBS suitors aren't going to forget all their success in the 2010s.

Travel isn't an issue IMO. I AGREE with Lakes, we already charter most the games.

The kids leaving also is not an NDSU only problem. One of the biggest up and coming issues is Kids leaving to play at the FBS level not location or access to games.

Lets be real, outside of Laramie the MWC is way more fly in friendly than the MVFC

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I have no idea about a window shutting....but I haven't been less excited in the last 15 years than I am right now.

If PL is right....this is as good as it gets and only goes downhill from there. Not a great vision to fundraise with. But actually, why would they need more money if they're going to stand still?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Will the local media ask any real questions once they get a chance in the near future?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I have no idea about a window shutting....but I haven't been less excited in the last 15 years than I am right now.

If PL is right....this is as good as it gets and only goes downhill from there. Not a great vision to fundraise with. But actually, why would they need more money if they're going to stand still?
    I never said this is as good as it gets. All Ive basically said was NDSU has tried and their are no suitors at this juncture.

My GASF is at an all time low also. But thats due to no regular season, bullshit spring season and issues with in the program.

We will see what the fall brings.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I never said this is as good as it gets. All Ive basically said was NDSU has tried and their are no suitors at this juncture.

My GASF is at an all time low also. But thats due to no regular season, bullshit spring season and issues with in the program.

We will see what the fall brings.
    this is bullshit, come on ol pat simmers is gone, you can stop with your charade.

this is fucking bullshit at this point, those couple guys are ACTIVELY HURTING and HINDERING NDSU FOOTBALL at this point by not publicly pursuing a FBS conference
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm failing to understand this metaphorical window. What other recent FBS move ups have done so at the peak of their success as an FCS school? I think Marshall did in the late 90s but more recently than that there isn't one that I can find or recall. App St won titles from 2005-2007 but didn't move up until 2013/2014. Georgia Southern's last title was in 2000 and they also moved up in 2013/2014. Coastal Carolina never made it past the FCS quarters and lost their first playoff game their final year in the FCS in 2015.

Even if NDSU football's success tails off (which is bound to happen to a certain extent) they're not going to descend into an FCS doormat and potential FBS suitors aren't going to forget all their success in the 2010s.
    Because it’s all about realignment and this will be the ultimate realignment. I don’t see them going past 12.

Because it’s all about realignment and this will be the ultimate realignment. I don’t see them going past 12.
    we should thank our lucky stars they are doing 12!!
    Guaranteed 1 G5 Participant.... and possibility of 2 makes this a bonafide no brainer reason to go ALL OUT ON NDSU ADMIN TO GET THIS DONE!

I'm telling you, 75% of the fanbase that I KNOW and HEAR FROM are fed up, bored and almost already done. staying Status Quo will kill this fanbase.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?