Page 340 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2402903303383393403413423503904408401340 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    my professor friend that was a CHAIR at NDSU said the same thing as you are echo-ing They are scared to death to change the status quo, they are already losing professors, funding etc, they just wanna ride this out as long as they can.

There's a reason why Coach Matt Entz has talked FBS more and Jeremy Jorgenson quit, they know we aint pushing the envelope.

Dean- Retiring
    Matt- happy to be here from Stony Brook
    Phelps - a yes man, also Stony Brook
    Matt Lein - a D3 Augustana guy who was soo giddy about his 1st football road trip to UNI I looked at him and said, this is nothing compared to the FBS games we played and Frisco chill out dude.

not 1 guy with FBS or major D1 backgrounds. why the HELL do you think I've been sounding alarms for last 5 years. we are here now and need to move forward
    I remain completely gobsmacked that we didn't push for FBS in the wake of the highly publicized Iowa victory (which also highlighted our fans' willingness to travel) and Game Day visits to Fargo. Then another opportunity to make the case came after the 2019 season and the most watched FCS championship ever, with 2.7 million viewers. You sell "high". Our stock was high then. Thinking that doors will be open down the road (should we decide at some point that we want to walk through them), when it was inevitable that we will miss some championships and that fans will lose interest, was a mistake for which we will likely be paying for a long time.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    you're really connected to the athletic department. Can you fill us in? What are NDSU's intentions? Publicly the statement has always been that FCS is good and that they like where they are. Have there been discussions with conferences?

You're really quick to dismiss Lake's comments as non-factual. Here is your chance to set the record straight.
    Lakes has made the assertions. Its his job to provide the facts. Considering the amount of lies hes told on this venue I cant believe any one takes him seriously. I have posted many times what GT said in regards to the MWC. Its a matter of public record. ML is just following that lead. IMO.

Its not in my preview to set the record straight in regards to anything related to NDSU unless given permission to do so that isnt already public information. Many times all you have to do is make a call and ask for claifications. So you can take my posts
    with a grain of salt if you wish.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by professorbum View Post
    i remain completely gobsmacked that we didn't push for fbs in the wake of the highly publicized iowa victory (which also highlighted our fans' willingness to travel) and game day visits to fargo. Then another opportunity to make the case came after the 2019 season and the most watched fcs championship ever, with 2.7 million viewers. You sell "high". Our stock was high then. Thinking that doors will be open down the road (should we decide at some point that we want to walk through them), when it was inevitable that we will miss some championships and that fans will lose interest, was a mistake for which we will likely be paying for a long time.
    exactamundo!!!!

these aren't lies, we very well can use reason and listen to our sources.

Its depressing and sad that NDSU just continues to do nothing, obviously our Football program will be top of the fcs, so they think that justifies their do nothing ness. Craig Bohl in 2014 said it best "what else was there to do at NDSU" for 6-7 years now , we've keep at the top with zero interest in climbing higher.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Look, I wish it weren't so...but I think the impression is largely correct. What else can we go by but the external and internal statements made by ML and DB. I'm an NDSU employee. I've had the chance to sit next to DB at a luncheon and I asked him, point-blank, questions about going FBS while giving my pitch to do so. I like DB. I've always been a fan. But on this issue, I was always politely rebuffed. He signaled no interest in NDSU going FBS, and always had reasons why we can't. And ML seems like a nice guy. I've served on an athletics-related committee in which I asked him point-blank about going FBS while again, giving my pitch to do so. Like DB, he had all the reasons why it can't be done and signaled no indication that any effort has been made to even explore it with other conferences.
    Was this recently? If so, doesn't that contradict what McFeely (Bisonville's most favorite all-time journalist) recently said? I find it odd that ME would openly talk about it if that were the case, but who knows.

I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised that none of the local journalists have commented on the 12-team playoff expansion, although it did just happen Friday. I see about a two-year window now, after which the move-up option will be gone forever. At that point, if we haven't moved up, at least we won't ever have to talk about it again ...

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Was this recently? If so, doesn't that contradict what McFeely (Bisonville's most favorite all-time journalist) recently said? I find it odd that ME would openly talk about it if that were the case, but who knows.

I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised that none of the local journalists have commented on the 12-team playoff expansion, although it did just happen Friday. I see about a two-year window now, after which the move-up option will be gone forever. At that point, if we haven't moved up, at least we won't ever have to talk about it again ...
    Not weeks-ago recent. But within the last 1 1/2 years or so. And yeah...some things may have changed since then. But I really haven't seen any re-direction of messaging. So, I'm guessing not. I think you're on to something with the window, but I'd say it is much tighter than two years. A year tops is my guess.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

A ton has gone down in the last 1.5 years (including the apparently immortal concept of spring FCS FB)

App State board

http://www.yosefscabin.com/forum/vie...p?f=4&p=282716

You’ll notice a familiar poster over there, but I like the love we’re getting from Nic Cage.

"AAC dark horse may be NDSU"

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Look, I wish it weren't so...but I think the impression is largely correct. What else can we go by but the external and internal statements made by ML and DB. I'm an NDSU employee. I've had the chance to sit next to DB at a luncheon and I asked him, point-blank, questions about going FBS while giving my pitch to do so. I like DB. I've always been a fan. But on this issue, I was always politely rebuffed. He signaled no interest in NDSU going FBS, and always had reasons why we can't. And ML seems like a nice guy. I've served on an athletics-related committee in which I asked him point-blank about going FBS while again, giving my pitch to do so. Like DB, he had all the reasons why it can't be done and signaled no indication that any effort has been made to even explore it with other conferences.

Sure, it is possible that conversations were going on behind the scenes all along, even while the public and private statements suggested that there was no interest in FBS. But don't you think it is more likely that all the public and private statements on FBS actually represent the position of NDSU leadership? I don't agree with ML and DB on their lack of perceived need to go FBS, but I think they are decent and honorable people. Therefore, unfortunately, I'm compelled to take them at their word.
    If you are in the position you say you are did you really think they would be more forth coming when there havent been any overtures from other schools or conferences? I know for a fact many schools wont even take our phone calls to get a game. I know for a fact NDSU has let other athletic directors know we want to be in the conversation if the current teams status quo changes .

What do expect them to do???? Seriously. If youre not wanted what are we supposed to do????? Magic wand????

WE go through this same stupid shit numerous time every year. I dont understand what is so baffling.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

ME interviews at the end of the half lead me to believe he doesn't censor what he says much. McFeely is a stir the pot columnist plain and simple.

I don't know what leads you to believe the window to move up is permanently closed in 2 years or less, not sure you can say anything is permanent with NCAA? I can agree that FCS seems to be in this odd limbo period that doesn't look all that appetizing, but NDSU also is on this geographical island so to speak when it comes to FBS and to a point that still matters although that is eroding as years go by.

Truly make this work I think going to have to really send a shock to the FCS (and summit league as schools would have to move all sports to the new FBS conference to get consideration?) unfortunately and end up having top teams from MVFC and Big Sky and maybe even CAA join forces to get into the FBS. Doesn't sound realistic probably isn't but anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    That’s is correct and correct. You have more faith than me in our boy from the east coast about shopping around. You also seem to believe that he has done serious shopping around and has found nothing. I believe he hasn’t really looked period.
    You base this on what? Gut feeling? Have you talked to anyone at NDSU or is this venue your go to resource?

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    ME interviews at the end of the half lead me to believe he doesn't censor what he says much. McFeely is a stir the pot columnist plain and simple.

I don't know what leads you to believe the window to move up is permanently closed in 2 years or less, not sure you can say anything is permanent with NCAA? I can agree that FCS seems to be in this odd limbo period that doesn't look all that appetizing, but NDSU also is on this geographical island so to speak when it comes to FBS and to a point that still matters although that is eroding as years go by.

Truly make this work I think going to have to really send a shock to the FCS (and summit league as schools would have to move all sports to the new FBS conference to get consideration?) unfortunately and end up having top teams from MVFC and Big Sky and maybe even CAA join forces to get into the FBS. Doesn't sound realistic probably isn't but anyway.
    Common sense and I’m not alone. The window will close. In fact, the door will slam shut. I'm even OK with the MAC at this point

I completely disagree with the "geographical island" argument. Geography is actually a plus for NDSU for reasons I keep citing – no G5s for miles and miles. If Boise can talk about joining the American …

I don't think a new super-FCS conference to FBS is at all feasible. Like many others, I think the number of FCS move-ups (if any) will be very small, like count-on-one-hand small ...