Page 332 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2322823223303313323333343423824328321332 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    With the expansion news, there is no reason for NDSU to remain in the FCS. Time for our admin to put on a full court press for the FBS.
    Amen.

#1 You win the Mountain West you have a good shot at the AUTO Q
    #2 You should be able to snag a #10-12 spot if you don't get the Auto Q

that's 2-3 chances at a National Title for all the people that whine about the Bowl Games...
    PLUS you have a shot at Bowl Games in better locations than Frisco and Brown Grass.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    With the expansion news, there is no reason for NDSU to remain in the FCS. Time for our admin to put on a full court press for the FBS.
    This expansion to a 12 team playoff would also be a huge deal in terms of how attractive NDSU would look to a G5 conference. All of a sudden the competitive pedigree of a program becomes a lot more important because it gives all the teams in that conference a better shot at getting that (at least) one CFP bid for the G5. NDSU football doesn't move the needle in terms of geography or market but it would certainly move the needle in terms of increasing the competitiveness of a G5 league.

Ok so maybe I was a little harsh on Mr. Thompson. Looks like he’s doing good work today. We'll see ...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This expansion to a 12 team playoff would also be a huge deal in terms of how attractive NDSU would look to a G5 conference. All of a sudden the competitive pedigree of a program becomes a lot more important because it gives all the teams in that conference a better shot at getting that (at least) one CFP bid for the G5. NDSU football doesn't move the needle in terms of geography or market but it would certainly move the needle in terms of increasing the competitiveness of a G5 league.
    I have to disagree with the bolded. It’s all about eyeballs and TVs, and the fact that there is no other G5 program around means more eyeballs for NDSU. It’s also incorrect to look at NDSU’s enrollment and endowment (although dang, that baby’s growing at quite a clip now, isn’t it?) as qualifiers. NDSU’s enrollment is a symptom of the design of the NDUS. One should look at the total enrollment of the NDUS, since NDSU would be representing ND at the FBS level, and I didn’t even bring up MN, which has quite a few more people and just one P5 FBS team. Like I said, eyeballs and TVs.
    Last edited by WhoRepsTheLurker; 06-10-2021 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Ok so maybe I was a little harsh on Mr. Thompson. Looks like he’s doing good work today. We'll see ...

I have to disagree with the bolded. It’s all about eyeballs and TVs, and the fact that there is no other G5 program around means more eyeballs for NDSU. It’s also incorrect to look at NDSU’s enrollment and endowment (although dang, that baby’s growing at quite a clip now, isn’t it?) as qualifiers. NDSU’s enrollment is a symptom of the design of the NDUS. One should look at the total enrollment of the NDUS, since NDSU would be representing ND at the FBS level, and I didn’t even bring up MN, which has quite a few more people and just one P5 FBS team. Like I said, eyeballs and TVs.
    BULL. it was all "eyeball opportunity" aka Rutgers = NY Market

but in 2021 going forward, it's. "ACTUAL % of eyeballs" watching.
    NDSU'S eyeballs % within thier DMA would be top 20.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    BULL. it was all "eyeball opportunity" aka Rutgers = NY Market

but in 2021 going forward, it's. "ACTUAL % of eyeballs" watching.
    NDSU'S eyeballs % within thier DMA would be top 20.
    I say BULL back to you, friend, because in no way does your comment contradict mine

You make NDSU look bad, Lakes. You should stop

(notice all the commas)

No, we should stay

We should stay with our peer teachers colleges
    We should stay in our geographic footprint because going national is spooky
    We should stay to be able to be competitive because we’ll never be able to compete for playoffs if we move up
    We should stay because taking the initiative and making moves for what’s best for NDSU won’t look good in the media

All the same reasons we should’ve never moved up from D2

Wait
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Honestly I never actually thought about that. (Maybe because I didn’t think they’d ever go to a 12 team playoff). Would be awesome to be the Mountain West’s enforcer
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

12 team talk is huge. Show some leg NDSU! Maybe some cleavage also.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

I think you're overselling NDSU's market. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think a G5 NDSU is going to pull any more Minnesota fans from the Gophers or South Dakota fans from the Huskers than they already have as an FCS powerhouse.

I think you're overselling NDSU's market. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think a G5 NDSU is going to pull any more Minnesota fans from the Gophers or South Dakota fans from the Huskers than they already have as an FCS powerhouse.
    It’s possible. I enjoy watching different G5 teams from all over the country every fall (Boise, Wyoming, Houston) so I’m probably unique. But I also think that many around here grossly undersell the value of the Bison as a regional G5 brand, just through the shear novelty of having such a brand in the region, if that makes sense. Think about it. What are the closest G5 brands? It’s a void, and I think filling that void will carry a surprising amount of weight in terms of casual viewing or “eyes” or whatever you want to call it.

I also think there are a large number of regional college football fans that don’t follow FCS and view it as D2, even though it isn’t. My wife’s uncle, for example, who coached the Zephyrs for a long time. He‘s well aware of the Bison (his son turned down an NDSU FB offer to run track at KSU) but he’ll never watch them unless they are on mainstream TV. So now, when the Badger game is over, or the gophs or whatever, well here’s another FBS team in your own backyard that you can follow and be a fan of. I think there is tremendous untapped power in that.