Page 327 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 2272773173253263273283293373774278271327 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 13485

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

North Dakota now has the ability to unlock the $8.4 billion Legacy Fund to invest in projects that will grow and diversify the state’s economy, which is perennially reliant on agriculture and energy.

ahem. NDSU FOOTBALL STADIUM could use some of this money
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    North Dakota now has the ability to unlock the $8.4 billion Legacy Fund to invest in projects that will grow and diversify the state’s economy, which is perennially reliant on agriculture and energy.

ahem. NDSU FOOTBALL STADIUM could use some of this money
    Diversifying the state's economy by.... building a football stadium? Lol wut
    College of Business Alumnus

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You know, for future Ag Shows.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

June 1 to July 1 is when most conferences changes happen. welllll. we're waiting!!!

ya. i'm sure matt's excuse will be "well we were busy with the baseball team in the ncaa's"

I'd like NDSU to get to MWC before pud NMSU https://www.abqjournal.com/236926/nm...embership.html

why doesn't NDSU use the local media to push this narrative like Las Cruces "NDSU would prefer MWC membership!"

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

ya. i'm sure matt's excuse will be "well we were busy with the baseball team in the ncaa's"

I'd like NDSU to get to MWC before pud NMSU https://www.abqjournal.com/236926/nm...embership.html

why doesn't NDSU use the local media to push this narrative like Las Cruces "NDSU would prefer MWC membership!"
    Every conversation I've had with those in the athletic department has indicated they aren't really interested in anything that would send them west. If all your road games are in the opposite direction of your primary recruiting footprint, recruiting becomes much different. UND had a similar issue in the Big Sky. That's not to say they wouldn't do it, but there was definitely more interest in going the other direction.

The alumni association felt the same way. While there is a decent alumni base in Seattle, Denver, and Phoenix, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois is collectively a larger group.

I think NDSU could be successful with a move west into FBS but there are a lot of factors to consider beyond just being in an FBS conference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Every conversation I've had with those in the athletic department has indicated they aren't really interested in anything that would send them west. If all your road games are in the opposite direction of your primary recruiting footprint, recruiting becomes much different. UND had a similar issue in the Big Sky. That's not to say they wouldn't do it, but there was definitely more interest in going the other direction.

The alumni association felt the same way. While there is a decent alumni base in Seattle, Denver, and Phoenix, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois is collectively a larger group.

I think NDSU could be successful with a move west into FBS but there are a lot of factors to consider beyond just being in an FBS conference.

That's all true but they need to do something...interest is falling quickly.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    That's all true but they need to do something...interest is falling quickly.
    Agreed and that may force a move to the MWC if that is their only option. But I think they would much more prefer a conference that keeps them in the Midwest more often.

#1 no one gives a shit what happened to und
    #2 MAC is shit, CUSA isnt plausible & big 12 wont
    Mountain West is for the Best , only 4-5 away games a year wont hurt anything

#1 no one gives a shit what happened to und
    #2 MAC is shit, CUSA isnt plausible & big 12 wont
    Mountain West is for the Best , only 4-5 away games a year wont hurt anything
    1. You should absolutely care what happened to UND and
    2. there is no world where ndsu is only playing 4 road games in a season at FBS lol.
    College of Business Alumnus