Page 313 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2132633033113123133143153233634138131313 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Boise State to AAC

NDSU to MWC

lets goooooo

BREAKING: New emails show Boise State engaged the American Athletic Conference earlier this fall about joining the league. Behind the scenes work has been going on about a potential move.

@TheIdahoPress

and

@BoiseDev

with the exclusive details:

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Boise State to AAC

NDSU to MWC

lets goooooo

BREAKING: New emails show Boise State engaged the American Athletic Conference earlier this fall about joining the league. Behind the scenes work has been going on about a potential move.

@TheIdahoPress

and

@BoiseDev

This is interesting...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ly-predictable

I wonder why they buried this one, since everything she says is true. At least under the BCS, G5 upstarts had a shot. Now?

Here’s a quote - Former Boise State athletic director Gene Bleymaier saw the same system rewarding only Power 5 programs during the BCS era. He once told me, "Had we beaten Nevada in [2010], we would have had a chance, and that was under the BCS system and this was after we had gone to Congress and put a little pressure on it. Now, there's no chance, in my opinion, for a Group of 5. They can go undefeated all they want, but that committee is not going to let them in the top four. I don't see that happening, and I think that's a shame."

And yet the G5 will never willingly leave the table. Talk about an unbalanced and abusive relationship. Imagine how they must all feel about FCS …

This is why college football needs a boss. It’s basically being run by ESPN and the P5. Talk about a COI …

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

I wonder why they buried this one, since everything she says is true. At least under the BCS, G5 upstarts had a shot. Now?

Here’s a quote - Former Boise State athletic director Gene Bleymaier saw the same system rewarding only Power 5 programs during the BCS era. He once told me, "Had we beaten Nevada in [2010], we would have had a chance, and that was under the BCS system and this was after we had gone to Congress and put a little pressure on it. Now, there's no chance, in my opinion, for a Group of 5. They can go undefeated all they want, but that committee is not going to let them in the top four. I don't see that happening, and I think that's a shame."

And yet the G5 will never willingly leave the table. Talk about an unbalanced and abusive relationship. Imagine how they must all feel about FCS …

This is why college football needs a boss. It’s basically being run by ESPN and the P5. Talk about a COI …
    Yea. I think if you are a G5 team , you need to schedule 3 BIG TIME power 5 opponents in Non Conference in hopes that you beat those 3 and than undefeated in your conference you will get into the CFP.

psst- they think fcs is division 2 still
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

As long as the G5 keeps getting paid they have no reason to upset the apple cart that is paying them.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Boise State to AAC

NDSU to MWC

lets goooooo

@TheIdahoPress

and

@BoiseDev

Is the AAC that much better a conference than the MWC?
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Is the AAC that much better a conference than the MWC?
    if Boise is in AAC instead of MWC then a million times yes

even with Boise in MWC.. the AAC is better Cincinatti, UCF Houston, Navy, SMU, Tulsa, ECU yea.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yup^^^^^^^^
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

if Boise is in AAC instead of MWC then a million times yes

even with Boise in MWC.. the AAC is better Cincinatti, UCF Houston, Navy, SMU, Tulsa, ECU yea.
    AAC is a fun little conference.
    College of Business Alumnus

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    AAC is a fun little conference.
    That's where I'd like to see NDSU end up

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk