Page 298 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1982482882962972982993003083483987981298 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I wonder if there is a chance that scholarships are cut in DI football due to all of the coming financial difficulties? I'm not talking about Ohio State and Alabama here....but most below the P5. I don't want it to happen, but I fear that it could. If the UofM is cutting whole sports, I can't see how smaller DI survives in the current state. The irony of cost of attendance, player likeness or whatever it's called and all the transfering were all perceived as good for athletes but I fear what we'll end up with is a collapse and actually fewer opportunities for athletes in the end. I really hope not but I just don't see how the numbers work. Many people don't think spring fb will happen (I personally have no idea). If not and possibly if so....who pays for all of this? Especially with so many pissed off donors now. I had a friend call today and mention the name of a significant sponsor who's customer's are not happy with what went down. We talked about our entertainment dollar and if this was still a good spend of it. We weren't sure and discussed the vacations we could take instead (yes, I've been vacationing....deal with it).

The only good I can see coming out of all of this is DI blowing up so that NDSU could be at the 2nd level...whatever that looks like. Otherwise, I'm sort of meh on the whole thing. I could not have imagined speaking those words 3 years ago.

Sort of a rambling stream of conciousness, so apologies.
    That rambling stream of consciousness is a consequence of all that vacationing. Be careful.

Edit: oh and if the vacationing is doing this to you then you are going to really struggle with this retirement thing. Not far in and I already am surprised by holiday weekends. Why just yesterday I was watching the evening news and at the end it switched to an NFL broadcast. I could have SWORN it was a Tuesday. Now I was left wondering: is it Monday or is it Thursday? Or is it Sunday? The only way to tell for sure is when you see the mailman. But ten times a year he doesn’t come on a weekday either!( don’t go there.). The garbage guy is pretty reliable but if you wait to see the truck then it is already too late! Arrrghhhh!

Edit 2: I used to be able to tell the weekdays by the number of peeps at the dog park. But with the ‘rona there are always peeps at the park. Kids too!

And who the hell decided all the days should end in ‘y’???!!!

Damn. Life was so much easier back when I had a regular weekday morning Zoom call. Back before Zoom was a thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Say what?

https://gobison.com/sports/football/...university/321

OH it was WORSE

FARGO - One week after learning it was going to lose its head coach, the unbeaten and top-ranked North Dakota State football team showed no signs of a letdown Saturday with a convincing 48-14 FCS quarterfinal playoff victory over Coastal Carolina.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

FBS Coastal Carolina Trending top 5 on Twitter right now.

that could be NDSU!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    FBS Coastal Carolina Trending top 5 on Twitter right now.

that could be NDSU!
    Dude NDSU has been there done that, in a season that was a FULL college schedule. In fact I believe it was you that pointed it out..ie..Iowa game, Kstate ect..

Next
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    That rambling stream of consciousness is a consequence of all that vacationing. Be careful.

Edit: oh and if the vacationing is doing this to you then you are going to really struggle with this retirement thing. Not far in and I already am surprised by holiday weekends. Why just yesterday I was watching the evening news and at the end it switched to an NFL broadcast. I could have SWORN it was a Tuesday. Now I was left wondering: is it Monday or is it Thursday? Or is it Sunday? The only way to tell for sure is when you see the mailman. But ten times a year he doesn’t come on a weekday either!( don’t go there.). The garbage guy is pretty reliable but if you wait to see the truck then it is already too late! Arrrghhhh!

Edit 2: I used to be able to tell the weekdays by the number of peeps at the dog park. But with the ‘rona there are always peeps at the park. Kids too!

And who the hell decided all the days should end in ‘y’???!!!

Damn. Life was so much easier back when I had a regular weekday morning Zoom call. Back before Zoom was a thing.

Chill out. You will get used to it. If you get real good at it you wont give a shit what day it is when its not football season.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Dude NDSU has been there done that, in a season that was a FULL college schedule. In fact I believe it was you that pointed it out..ie..Iowa game, Kstate ect..

Next
    of course I know that. just pointing out to people that claim "if NDSU goes FBS we get lost" thats not true at all.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

of course I know that. just pointing out to people that claim "if NDSU goes FBS we get lost" thats not true at all.
    Coastal Carolina's athletic budget is 25 million...exact same as NDSU.
    I am gonna take a wild guess and say our football team would also make WAAAAYYY more revenue then them if we were FBS. There stadium only holds about 2k more than the dome, but I'd venture to say our merch sales are 20x more than theirs.

We already meet the 15k average attendance requirement, so there are only two possible issues....conference invites or Matt Larsen

Iowa Football Board:

Who is the Best Football Program in the Midwest:

kceasthawk said:
    There could be a serious argument for NDSU, considering they beat Iowa, KSU, and ISU I believe and all on the P5 schools home fields....
    NDSU, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa State is my ranking.

Iowa Football Board:

Who is the Best Football Program in the Midwest:

kceasthawk said:
    There could be a serious argument for NDSU, considering they beat Iowa, KSU, and ISU I believe and all on the P5 schools home fields....
    NDSU, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa State is my ranking.
    Do you have software that searches football boards for NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Do you have software that searches football boards for NDSU?
    LOL i was on there looking for the Basketball recruit info.

I'm probably only on 50+ boards and but only post on 5 actively (here, Gopherhole, Emaw, Griz, UNI, Yotesnation)