Page 279 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1792292692772782792802812893293797791279 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Ain't happening
    if that's the case, meet you in Frisco in 2040 for our 34th title in 39 years? sounds like a blast.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

yet another reason for NDSU to move up happened today .

Jabril said it in his tweet. "I want to play FBS"

the last few years its happened more and more on recruits. if NDSU is in the Mountain West and dominating like Boise State, we won't lost players that's for sure and we would probably be a place kids will want to transfer too.

Its the Offseason, we are really not going to have ANY FBS move up discussion? everyone has given up?

Oh go to bed

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yet another reason for NDSU to move up happened today .

Jabril said it in his tweet. "I want to play FBS"

the last few years its happened more and more on recruits. if NDSU is in the Mountain West and dominating like Boise State, we won't lost players that's for sure and we would probably be a place kids will want to transfer too.

Its the Offseason, we are really not going to have ANY FBS move up discussion? everyone has given up?
    I have given up. Keep fighting the good fight. But I think by the time this happens, I won't give a shit anymore. And I actually don't think it will ever happen. When people finally come around on this, there won't be any seats left on the FBS lifeboats. NDSU will be among the folks on the Poseidon who did not climb up the Christmas tree until the water starts rushing in. Then it's total mayhem and it's too late.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The sky is definitely falling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You'll always have kids that want to win a championship (whatever that may be) and kids that want to play FBS ball. We do miss out on some that want that FBS label and I don't blame them for wanting to play at the highest level. Jabril definitely wont be the catalyst for and FBS move. What I'm afraid of is this being a normal thing for us. Have a kid in the program for 3-4 years that's a stud knowing damn well that he's going to the NFL anyway and wants to secure a bit more money in the future by finishing at a P5 school to up his stock. Yes there is a lot of risk with that strategy for the player. I'm afraid that we'll have to deal with this again in about 2 years.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

in respect to Tony & the Board, im trying to keep all FBS talk here.

are we ever going to be big time at NDSU? i'm guessing things like Jabril make it painfully obvious that we won't get there.

NDSU spends 10 years of building a program that can't grow upwards.... Jabril is the straw that broke the camel's back for us visionaries around here. we'd have to duplicate 15-0 for the rest of eternity. LOL

dammit jabril! the slap in the face of reality is here.

(thankfully Dillon Radunz isn't graduating this spring)

PLUS it'll be Jabril Cox from LSU (NDSU loses out on all the marketing/exposure for Jabrils hype before NFL draft in 2021.. argh)

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    in respect to Tony & the Board, im trying to keep all FBS talk here.

are we ever going to be big time at NDSU? i'm guessing things like Jabril make it painfully obvious that we won't get there.

NDSU spends 10 years of building a program that can't grow upwards.... Jabril is the straw that broke the camel's back for us visionaries around here. we'd have to duplicate 15-0 for the rest of eternity. LOL

dammit jabril! the slap in the face of reality is here.

(thankfully Dillon Radunz isn't graduating this spring)

PLUS it'll be Jabril Cox from LSU (NDSU loses out on all the marketing/exposure for Jabrils hype before NFL draft in 2021.. argh)
    You do realize that it makes absolutely no difference if we were Mountain West or Mac. Jabril would still have graduated and been able to transfer. The only thing that would have changed was in his tweet he would have put instead of FBS it would have said highest level of FBS and he would still be gone. You are just using his Grad transfer to promote your narrative of we need to be FBS.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    You'll always have kids that want to win a championship (whatever that may be) and kids that want to play FBS ball. We do miss out on some that want that FBS label and I don't blame them for wanting to play at the highest level. Jabril definitely wont be the catalyst for and FBS move. What I'm afraid of is this being a normal thing for us. Have a kid in the program for 3-4 years that's a stud knowing damn well that he's going to the NFL anyway and wants to secure a bit more money in the future by finishing at a P5 school to up his stock. Yes there is a lot of risk with that strategy for the player. I'm afraid that we'll have to deal with this again in about 2 years.
    The catalyst will be a $100 million or so donation. As much as I would like to see NDSU go FBS, I don't see how it could happen otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    You do realize that it makes absolutely no difference if we were Mountain West or Mac. Jabril would still have graduated and been able to transfer. The only thing that would have changed was in his tweet he would have put instead of FBS it would have said highest level of FBS and he would still be gone. You are just using his Grad transfer to promote your narrative of we need to be FBS.
    definitely not true. NDSU in Mountain West at a Boise State Level we don't lose a Jabril Cox. hell no
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 03-03-2020 at 03:53 PM.