Page 272 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1722222622702712722732742823223727721272 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Well, according to a statewide poll published in the Forum, it looks like the majority of us want to stay FCS. The only people that want us to move up are UND hockey fans (seriously). And we are by far the most popular college team in the state, way above un_ hockey. Read it for yourself. https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-...FCS-poll-finds

Here's an easier to see version of the poll questions and answers: https://www.scribd.com/document/4441...vey#from_embed
    Sammy’s reaction while reading this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Sammy’s reaction while reading this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's actually my reaction too. McFeely says a "strong plurality" in favor of staying in FCS. 36% FCS to 30% for FBS, with the remainder unsure or not caring, is not a strong plurality. 45-49% for FCS, with all other options in the teens or single digits, would be a strong plurality. As it is, the sentiment of fans regarding FCS vs. FBS is relatively evenly divided.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    That's actually my reaction too. McFeely says a "strong plurality" in favor of staying in FCS. 36% FCS to 30% for FBS, with the remainder unsure or not caring, is not a strong plurality. 45-49% for FCS, with all other options in the teens or single digits, would be a strong plurality. As it is, the sentiment of fans regarding FCS vs. FBS is relatively evenly divided.
    I hate polls like this.

I do find it amusing how support for FBS goes down the with older folks. Something tells me the people writing the checks are a little skeptical of writing much bigger checks for an unknown benefit.
    College of Business Alumnus

Maybe they should have asked how many are willing to pony up SERIOUS money to move to FBS. Let's see how want to move up when they have to pay. I'd love a lot of things too if it involved someone else's money.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

If a poll was done prior to the move to D1, i'm sure that those in favor of staying in D2 would have been MUCH higher. The reality is that in general people think that we have a good thing going in the FCS so why take a risk and ruin it. The sad reality is however that we have grown too big for FCS. There is no parity in the FCS and each time we win a Natty it is diminished.

Among NDSU fans it was 48-27.

Also, it looks like there were only 3 responses (don’t care and unsure are just two ways of saying ‘undecided’) so your idea of what a strong plurality is doesn’t work mathematically.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Among NDSU fans it was 48-27.

Also, it looks like there were only 3 responses (don’t care and unsure are just two ways of saying ‘undecided’) so your idea of what a strong plurality is doesn’t work mathematically.
    Well then, McFeely shouldn't have characterized it as a strong plurality if it's not possible to have one based on limited number of response choices. Bottom line...the sentiment is evenly divided among 3 responses available (if you combine unsure and don't care). Heck, the margin of error is practically 6%. And, it isn't accurate to say 48-27% among Bison fans. It was 48-27% among fans for whom Bison football is their favorite team. There are plenty of UND hockey fans and Vikings fans who also like the Bison. I think just about every doctor and lawyer I know was a NDSU undergrad and a UND law/med school grad. Dual loyalty is thing.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

You guys lost me at forum.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Maybe they should have asked how many are willing to pony up SERIOUS money to move to FBS. Let's see how want to move up when they have to pay. I'd love a lot of things too if it involved someone else's money.
    The answer to that question was made when they offered tickets in the sec they took away from the students. Tons of people were called that were on the supposed list and a ton turned them down.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well the Turtle Mountain Times didn’t run this poll so therefore I didn’t know about it and demand a recount!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS