Page 252 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1522022422502512522532542623023527521252 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    If we by chance beat Oregon next season there is nothing that anyone would say to me that would convince me that we don't belong in FBS. Nothing. You beat a team like #13 Iowa by out Iowaing Iowa and beat a probable top 10 in Oregon with as much of a brand Oregon has along with resources and money, facilities and prestige, I would be absolutely pissed if the NDSU administration doesn't hold a meeting with Matt Larson slapping down some papers on the table in front of everyone involved with FBS on the top one with a big ? and his opening line is "How do we make this happen?"

Then the Big boys say----you dont. And then what?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    [/B]

Then the Big boys say----you dont. And then what?
    Who are the Big boys? Administration?

That's what the rest of my post was saying. If it does or doesn't happen none of us will know about it so that millisecond of me being pissed will be overcome with joy for the win over Oregon. But will subconsciously know they didn't hold such a meeting and on goes life and threads such as this.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

23bison NDSU has far and away shown they belong in FBS for at least 4-5 years now. win at #11 Iowa cemented what was already shown at Kansas State, Iowa State, Minnesota etc.

Media market doesn't matter by the G5 groups like we are led to believe. yea at the P5 level its all about eyeballs/population etc.

2 things are happening the last few years. #1 NDSU ADMIN HAS NOT ACTIVELY SOUGHT FBS CONFERENCE INVITES & #2 MWC/MAC deep down doesn't want NDSU walking in Day 1 and being at the top.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

If we by chance beat Oregon next season there is nothing that anyone would say to me that would convince me that we don't belong in FBS. Nothing. You beat a team like #13 Iowa by out Iowaing Iowa and beat a probable top 10 in Oregon with as much of a brand Oregon has along with resources and money, facilities and prestige, I would be absolutely pissed if the NDSU administration doesn't hold a meeting with Matt Larson slapping down some papers on the table in front of everyone involved with FBS on the top one with a big ? and his opening line is "How do we make this happen?"

Sadly it will be closed door and nobody will know about it. I guess I'll be running around like a little girl bragging how NDSU beat Oregon.
    It doesn't take beating Oregon to prove to me that the Bison, competitively speaking, belong in the G5. I'm already convinced that that is true. There's a lot more that goes into making an FBS move than slapping papers down on a table.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

2 things are happening the last few years. #1 NDSU ADMIN HAS NOT ACTIVELY SOUGHT FBS CONFERENCE INVITES & #2 MWC/MAC deep down doesn't want NDSU walking in Day 1 and being at the top.
    Admin hasn't actively sought invites because they don't want to move up...Bresciani has been very clear about that, over and over...

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Admin hasn't actively sought invites because they don't want to move up...Bresciani has been very clear about that, over and over...
    I would say it is more "can't afford" than "don't want".

533 In a row

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It doesn't take beating Oregon to prove to me that the Bison, competitively speaking, belong in the G5. I'm already convinced that that is true. There's a lot more that goes into making an FBS move than slapping papers down on a table.
    That’s where the conversation would start. But yes I do know this.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

That’s where the conversation would start. But yes I do know this.
    I think the conversation has to start with the school/state and the student body. Those 2 (or 3) entities need to be behind it for an FBS move to be successful. G5 athletic budgets are funded on the backs of school funds and student fees. That's just the reality and NDSU would be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I would say it is more "can't afford" than "don't want".
    Either way, until that changes there won’t be any conversation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think the conversation has to start with the school/state and the student body. Those 2 (or 3) entities need to be behind it for an FBS move to be successful. G5 athletic budgets are funded on the backs of school funds and student fees. That's just the reality and NDSU would be no different.
    The legislature and vast majority of the students do not care about your football team. This is not a new situation. End shamaturism and let them play for the people who are actually interested.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie