Page 227 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1271772172252262272282292372773277271227 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    as Cassidy says. PROVE YOUR MY FRIEND. hahaha

if NDSU is in New Years Day Orange Bowl. you don't think we take 25,000 to Florida in January 1? Doh'k
    Maybe. It'll be a once in a lifetime experience forgotten by everyone not NDSU within 5 years. So, obviously worthwhile.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    QLED only hit the market in 2013, FWIW, but I understand your point

I guess I wouldn’t call it a 'decline'. More like a reality. Let’s look at the TV ratings of the FCS playoffs this year (when the time comes) and compare those to previous years, like 2013. That would be telling. I would suggest that the trends are more reflective of changes in lifestyle as opposed to a loss of interest in Bison FB. The impression I get from watching ESPN is that the Bison brand itself is doing fine nationally.

And I'd say NDSU is doing a pretty good job of dealing with it compared to the majority of the G5

Beer in the FD is the next baby step

I think that the decline of live sports and the decline in energy around Bison football are not one in the same. They may be related in some regards but I think my concern focuses on the conversations that are happening here, at tailgating and at the watch parties. These are fans who are currently devoting their time and money to the program. A higher percentage of those fans are starting to question whether or not it is worth their investment of time and money to go to the games. I agree with many that I'm not sure that FBS reverses that or if it does that the costs far outweigh the benefits. What can we do to continue to grow? As much as I'm not sold on FBS, FCS as it is currently made up doesn't seem to have much room for our program to grow. Most of the other schools in FCS are here so they can invest in basketball and contain football costs. We are an outlier.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm an "FCS Forever" or not but I'll take a crack at it:

1) Finish fundraising for and build the IPF
    2) Raise our game on men's basketball funding to at least SDSU's level if not higher
    3) Start the ball rolling with city leaders, donors, and government officials on the massive capital project it would be to give the Fargodome a major renovation or rebuild it to accommodate around 25-30K seats

Or if you prefer the short version: SEARCH FOR MORE MONEY! (copyright Spaceballs)
    This seems like a reasonable plan and I would guess that these types of conversations/plans are being discussed by the NDSU leadership. However, I think much of the frustration comes from no public acknowledgement of any kind from said leadership. Can they talk about all the details? No. Can they share the long term vision? Absolutely yes.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    yes there are some trends but none of that changes the fact the football isn't competitive... the only thing that changes that is Bison move up or we start playing with 10 guys on the field
    I enjoy winning so I have no problem with it. Rumor has it that the players enjoy winning too. What I hear you saying is that you need the Bison to lose more for your interest to be maintained. If that’s the case then I’m afraid I question the validity of your interest. But I’m guessing you already knew that …

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    This seems like a reasonable plan and I would guess that these types of conversations/plans are being discussed by the NDSU leadership. However, I think much of the frustration comes from no public acknowledgement of any kind from said leadership. Can they talk about all the details? No. Can they share the long term vision? Absolutely yes.
    Nailed it....time 2 roll out a campaign and coach entz is the perfect person to lead the charge starting with the on field pregame semi-final interview on ESPN

ESPN lady: blah blah blah blah blah
    Entz:. Blah blah
    ESPN: thank u coach
    Entz: I just got a message for the AAC football conference, "Mr. Aresco, tear DOWN this WALL!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    This is to the FBS at any cost and we need to go it now crowd.

After all the hot air that you've expelled why aren't we FBS now????

Why aren't these conferences lining up to take ndsu to the dance?

Everyone in the ncaa football world k owns who we are.

Why no invites?
    What no replies???? If you havent figured it out yet all you are doing is blowing hot air if there is no invite to move up.
    Instead of worrying about ESPN etc etc etc you need to be invited to a conference to get on ESPN in January.LOL LOL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Im sure youve showed up uninvited to things. That's what the football team needs to do. Say its Indiana vs Northwestern in Indiana. Beat northwestern to the locker rooms and trot onto the field in place of them. Whats indiana going to do? Beat NDSU? Call for arrests? Reschedule?

Nah theyd play ndsu then and there.
    Next??????????

Anyone???? Why no invites? Why have this conversation for over 10 years when you cant move up????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    What no replies???? If you havent figured it out yet all you are doing is blowing hot air if there is no invite to move up.
    Instead of worrying about ESPN etc etc etc you need to be invited to a conference to get on ESPN in January.LOL LOL
    Lmao is this your first time on Bisonville

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Lmao is this your first time on Bisonville
    Its like they dont want to acknowledge that fact????????

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’m Pro FBS yes that is correct but not a “FBS at any cost now” person. I think it’s more geography than anything. For the MAC I think it’s probably got a hint of “NDSU is going to make us all look like punks” thing going on. That is very blunt but I do think it’s there from a source with a MAC institution. Again, MAC would be a stepping stone if possible. Too small for B1G along with academics a big no go. Big 12 is too big also and basketball program is no where near ready for anything like that. MWC is mostly about geography in my eyes even though they have Hawaii as a affiliate member. I do truly believe that if an invite ever happened NDSU would jump on it and make it work very well.

I’m not concerned about the Bowl games and think that some could be fun and getting to play bigger schools would be awesome.

I do like that short plan of getting the IPF up and done. Ramping up the both basketball programs. My hope is that writhing the next 5 years we do hear something regarding this whole topic from the administration.

Independence is not a good option at all!
    UND sucks balls!!!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS