Page 212 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1121622022102112122132142222623127121212 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Allow me to put on my Hoople Hat on for a moment....

How do we know FBS is the fix for that? How do we know the trends we're seeing aren't just a reflection fading interest in live college football (and live sports in general) from fans all over the country?

Average attendance for App St and Georgia Southern in 2012 (the last year they were in FCS and eligible for the postseason) was 26,538 and 18,487 respectively. Last year it was 21,953 and 16,802 respectively. If NDSU makes the same move and sees the same attendance declines now you've got even more ground to make up due to the added costs of being an FBS athletic department.

NDSU athletics pushed all their chips into the middle in 2002 and won big. Should we be so anxious to see them push the big stack they've accumulated in the last 10-15 years into the middle again? It's a high risk/high reward gamble same as that one in 2002 was and there's no easy answer as to whether the right move is to shove again or check our option.

<takes off my Hoople Hat>
    Ooo, ooo, ooo, I've got this one. Why is FBS the fix? Because we are all comfy and cozy up north with our team that wins the "JV" league or "DII." All of you (most) get the luxury of living in a place where Bison football is respected. Let me tell you that in the south, there is zero. Very few (and I mean VERY FEW) know who NDSU is, let alone that we are good. I've had this conversation with literally hundreds of people. Outside of the SEC, ACC, and B1G, they have no respect. There is only one national title and I say that anyone that says we shouldn't go up...doesn't have the belief that we could dominate at that level. Well, I for one do. It's an easy cop-out to say that you don't care what other people think. It's another thing all together when people wave you off as someone that doesn't know what they're talking about when you discuss NDSU. It's time to play with the big boys. TIME TO PUSH ALL IN AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Time to prove me wrong 56- what is ONE benefit of FBS? show everyone how Libelous I am, and prove that I was lying!
    Ive already proved youre a liar.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Deep North View Post
    Ooo, ooo, ooo, I've got this one. Why is FBS the fix? Because we are all comfy and cozy up north with our team that wins the "JV" league or "DII." All of you (most) get the luxury of living in a place where Bison football is respected. Let me tell you that in the south, there is zero. Very few (and I mean VERY FEW) know who NDSU is, let alone that we are good. I've had this conversation with literally hundreds of people. Outside of the SEC, ACC, and B1G, they have no respect. There is only one national title and I say that anyone that says we shouldn't go up...doesn't have the belief that we could dominate at that level. Well, I for one do. It's an easy cop-out to say that you don't care what other people think. It's another thing all together when people wave you off as someone that doesn't know what they're talking about when you discuss NDSU. It's time to play with the big boys. TIME TO PUSH ALL IN AGAIN!
    +++++++++++ time 2 push all in again right on they money buddy-----------AAC, tear DOWN this WALL!!!!!!!!

So, we should move up so that football fans that don't currently know about NDSU will respect us? And getting into the MAC or Mountain West will get us that apparently much needed respect?

I agree that the NCAA hands out one D1 championship every year......and it's the one that NDSU has been winning. The FBS championship isn't an NCAA event....

A move up will have nothing to do with a push from fans or even how good we are at football, and definitely shouldn't be tied to any amount of perceived disrespect.

So how does people in the south knowing who NDSU is help the program? It apparently would help your pride but I don't think it would help bring in more donor money, increase attendance, or help all that much in recruiting.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't give a rats ass that people "don't talk" about NDSU, confirming that the FBS crowd is just attention whoring. On top of that, you named 3 conferences NDSU can't get into. So there's that.

I call bullshit. I lived in the south and travel the south and tell you with certainty that if they are a football fan they know of NDSU. Nice try.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A friend of mine that I met through work, lives in Atlanta and is a Bama fan, true Southerner, was fully aware of NDSU when we met.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Allow me to put on my Hoople Hat on for a moment....

How do we know FBS is the fix for that? How do we know the trends we're seeing aren't just a reflection fading interest in live college football (and live sports in general) from fans all over the country?

Average attendance for App St and Georgia Southern in 2012 (the last year they were in FCS and eligible for the postseason) was 26,538 and 18,487 respectively. Last year it was 21,953 and 16,802 respectively. If NDSU makes the same move and sees the same attendance declines now you've got even more ground to make up due to the added costs of being an FBS athletic department.

NDSU athletics pushed all their chips into the middle in 2002 and won big. Should we be so anxious to see them push the big stack they've accumulated in the last 10-15 years into the middle again? It's a high risk/high reward gamble same as that one in 2002 was and there's no easy answer as to whether the right move is to shove again or check our option.

<takes off my Hoople Hat>
    Why is it called a "Hoople Hat?"
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Why is it called a "Hoople Hat?"
    Because if you don't think NDSU should have forced their way into an FBS conference yesterday you're from Hoople… or so I've heard.