Page 2 of 1349 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Grad bison. FSN is the answer, I know NDSU & Valley news doesn't want to hear that (they are making at least $100k off NDSU games) but simulcasting of FSN opens up the entire Midwest and makes NDSU an even bigger regional school.

NDSU is over 50% Minnesota people. NDSU is regional, you can't deny that fact.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Grad bison. FSN is the answer, I know NDSU & Valley news doesn't want to hear that (they are making at least $100k off NDSU games) but simulcasting of FSN opens up the entire Midwest and makes NDSU an even bigger regional school.

......I believe ndsu is at line 44% Minnesota students.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

U serious Clark ?

NDSU_grad is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That, again, doesn't matter. A conference cares about markets so they can get a conference-wide tv deal on a national network. FSN doesn't do that. Our passionate fan base doesn't matter. Our attendance doesn't matter. Our tailgating doesn't matter.

U serious Clark ?
    42.7 %. 44% from North Dakota.

Still NDSU is a regional school and should be marketed and branded as such.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Most people on this board don't disagree. The problem is that none of these things matter. UTSA bypassed the bottom tier conferences, got a CUSA invite, and basically hadn't played a down of DI football. It's 100% about markets. So unless you have a plan where the Fargo tv market is 1.5-2 million none of your ramblings matter. And no, the twin cities don't count as part of the Fargo market. This is the link you need to look at. Hint: scroll to #116

http://www.tvjobs.com/cgi-bin/markets/market2.cgi
    couldn't it be argued that the WHOLE state of ND is the "Fargo Market"? Many other schools only have followings from their immediate area (due to many schools being int he state/region). If NDSU decided to seek a conference they could easily tout the entire state as being part of their market. They would promote the television data for the statewide broadcasts for football.

I don't have any idea how many actually watch the games via statewide television however it's much more than just Fargo/Valley City.

also interesting to note.... Eugene Oregon is #121 on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    couldn't it be argued that the WHOLE state of ND is the "Fargo Market"? Many other schools only have followings from their immediate area (due to many schools being int he state/region). If NDSU decided to seek a conference they could easily tout the entire state as being part of their market. They would promote the television data for the statewide broadcasts for football.

I don't have any idea how many actually watch the games via statewide television however it's much more than just Fargo/Valley City.
    Perhaps, that's still not very many tv sets in the eyes of the people who decide these things.

Still NDSU is a regional school and should be marketed and branded as such.
    No it shouldn't. It should be branded as a national university with very high research activity.