Page 188 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 881381781861871881891901982382886881188 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    5 away games per year. How is it significantly more expensive than flying to Youngstown, Macomb, Normal, Terre Haute, Cedar Falls, Springfield, or Carbondale? Plus being in that conference will garner a bigger payout when playing a p5.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Every away game would be a flight. Sure the payouts would be bigger but so are the expenses and who are we going to get games with when we are having a hell of a time now? You think MN is gonna pay us a $1.5M to go kick their ass when they can get a easy win over Toledo instead?

I'm not against going FBS but we do not need to jump into a conference that would is so widespread that it would kill us at being competitive. If we make a move we have to be smart about it or we could end up like the knuckleheads up north!

Our minor sports are no where near the level of the AAC. Football only invite is a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Every away game would be a flight. Sure the payouts would be bigger but so are the expenses and who are we going to get games with when we are having a hell of a time now? You think MN is gonna pay us a $1.5M to go kick their ass when they can get a easy win over Toledo instead?
    The last dozen or so comments exactly proves my point. Everyone has a different take on what the costs would actually be. If we are talking football only (which makes sense to me) i'm not so sure that the travel costs would really be that much more. Extra scholarships, coaching salaries, etc. are definitely increases....but by how much versus the additional revenue opportunities? How much additional sponsorship money could NDSU make being FBS? How much money from TV deals or bowls?

NDSU would do well to do an official study if nothing more than to know and be prepared should the opportunity present itself.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I get anxious about where the “move up” money is gonna come from. I’m already pretty much at my max but would feel guilty not contributing more. I doubt I’m the only one.

And then you have the “move up” people who donate nothing... Jussayin’!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I definitely agree on the money issue. It’s kinda like paying for grad school to get a job that won’t make you more money. Wooohoo!

Playing devil’s advocate here, could the same have been said in 2002-2003? There were certainly a lot of folks dissing the idea of moving to FCS, and some of that was likely due to $$$. Where did the money come from?

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    I definitely agree on the money issue. It’s kinda like paying for grad school to get a job that won’t make you more money. Wooohoo!

Playing devil’s advocate here, could the same have been said in 2002-2003? There were certainly a lot of folks dissing the idea of moving to FCS, and some of that was likely due to $$$. Where did the money come from?
    you're not wrong.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

From what little I looked the current AAC TV deal is roughly just under $7,000,000 per school.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    From what little I looked the current AAC TV deal is roughly just under $7,000,000 per school.
    Does that include FB only affiliates?

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post

I’m curious how that discussion went as well. Little before my time and I don’t recall everything that was involved. I do vaguely remember the Big Sky not wanting us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Does that include FB only affiliates?
    I believe so yes but will double check.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS