Page 186 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 861361761841851861871881962362866861186 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I get anxious about where the “move up” money is gonna come from. I’m already pretty much at my max but would feel guilty not contributing more. I doubt I’m the only one.

And then you have the “move up” people who donate nothing... Jussayin’!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quoted for truth. You want it, you pay for it.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Quoted for truth. You want it, you pay for it.
    Money won’t fall out of the sky after we declare we are FBS?

FBS talk is like the Red River in Fargo... You try to keep it contained to its own area, but fairly regularly it gets out and makes a mess out of everything.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Money won’t fall out of the sky after we declare we are FBS?

Well duh, you get it from your parents!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Weird name for a conference.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Well duh, you get it from your parents!
    I think the part that is really upsetting to the PRO-FBS people is that there hasn't even been a study that actually would tell how much money would need to be raised to do this.

Take the AAC for example. It's a good football conference and would allow for a football only option. Many like to talk about how much money it would take.... but does anyone actually know?

How much money would come to NDSU via conference affiliation (bowl affiliation, tv contracts, etc)? How much money in non-conference games could NDSU make? How many more scholarships (and how much) are necessary? How much do we spend in football travel now vs. with the AAC.... These are all things that may or may not be barriers but no one know because the sanctioned study isn't done.

AAC would be sweet- aint happening though unless there is some kind of massive shakeup.

As it stands now- there is no way the Athletic department is considering any kind of move up for Football unless there is either 1. a MASSIVE shakeup in conferences where we would have some regionally logical conference mates. 2. get some massive donor where going independent doesnt seem crazy, or 3. either scenario #1 encourages others to move up with us (SDSU, maybe UNI, yes maybe even UND etc), or a new FBS conference is created (still unlikely) that makes much greater sense geographically.

I think it would be awesome, and would like it to happen. But none of the above scenarios seem particularly logical, much less likely.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    I think the part that is really upsetting to the PRO-FBS people is that there hasn't even been a study that actually would tell how much money would need to be raised to do this.

Take the AAC for example. It's a good football conference and would allow for a football only option. Many like to talk about how much money it would take.... but does anyone actually know?

How much money would come to NDSU via conference affiliation (bowl affiliation, tv contracts, etc)? How much money in non-conference games could NDSU make? How many more scholarships (and how much) are necessary? How much do we spend in football travel now vs. with the AAC.... These are all things that may or may not be barriers but no one know because the sanctioned study isn't done.
    To answer a couple of your questions: 85 scholies compared to 63, all full. FBS doesn't allow partials as they do in FCS. Somehow a mid December bowl game doesn't excite me. Sorry. Also, in terms of plane travel and expenses, Larsen needs only to look north and get figures for what it costs to be in the Big Sty Conference from UN_.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That would all be great info to have. Anyone who is better with the numbers than me have this ability to give a rough guesstimate?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    To answer a couple of your questions: 85 scholies compared to 63, all full. FBS doesn't allow partials as they do in FCS. Somehow a mid December bowl game doesn't excite me. Sorry. Also, in terms of plane travel and expenses, Larsen needs only to look north and get figures for what it costs to be in the Big Sty Conference from UN_.
    I assume you would also have to up the scholarship count in some women's sports as well.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.